PDA

View Full Version : PCM Minimum Voltage

91LS1S10
January 6th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Got a question on the minimum voltage that is needed for the PCM. Lately had intermittant stalls. Replaced battery and seems to fix it. Then yesterday it stalled and never could get it to run. Checked voltage was at 12.1 volts. My battery terminal was loose for some reason. Charged up battery and engine fired up. Would appreciate any input.

Rey

Blacky
January 6th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Not sure which PCM you are refering to , but I've run an LS1 PCM successfully on the bench at 9V. However, that was not driving any spark or injectors. It may need more juice than 9V to run the spark/injector hardware.

Regards
Paul

91LS1S10
January 7th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I'm using the 12200411 PCM. It happened again tonight. No DTC set. Will check the crank sensor and wiring tomorrow.

Rey

joecar
January 7th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Should still be able to run at 9V... thats what happens when you first crank... altho it may run from the "edges" of some tables...

Check your power/ground connections for voltage drop.

How old is your alternator (is it worn out)...?

91LS1S10
January 7th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I checked the grounds and measured voltages at the PCM fuses. Looks ok. Alternator is going 2 years now. Voltage is 14.2 when running. Tried starting truck tonight after 2 hours sitting and it starts with no problems. No matter what I did earlier it did not start.