PDA

View Full Version : FAST Wide Band to V1

Rusty
January 7th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I have connected a wide band (FAST product 170402) to my EFI V1. Ground from the to pin D and signal to pin E. I have installed V7.5.5 and need to get the analog data to tune. What is the best PID list to use. I assume that I will need to create a table to convert FAST output signal to reflect AFR because there is not a wide band PID to select that matches FAST. FAST manual describes their output as pasted below.
I assume the High Res Mode is what I what. Can someone please instruct me the best why to get this working with EFI scan.? I have no problem posting my table after I build it. I would like to convert the signal to a multiplier like Joecar has stated.

FAST instruction states:
Simple Mode: This takes the output voltage and multiplies it by 10 to calculate the actual air/fuel ratio. Many external electronic air/fuel gauges use this signal type.

High Res Mode: This provides a 0 - 4.096 volt output signal. Certain digital gauges and data acquisition systems use this type of signal.

Narrow Band Simulator Mode: This provides a narrow band output signal that simulates many OEM style air/fuel sensors. This will allow you to use the wide-band style sensor the FAST™ Air/Fuel Meter uses not only to serve the air/fuel meter, but to also run the engine’s computer. This mode is compatible only with pre-OBDII vehicles.

PS: I looked and searched all around the forums before asking this simple question. I'm sure there is a sticky somewhere but I can not find it.

Thanks

joecar
January 7th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Rusty,

I can make you calc pids for your FAST wideband unless someone already has some...

If it is linear, then a simple linear equation will be used.

If it is polynomial, then a polynomial equation.

If other, then a table (using the lookup() function).

Questions:

- Simple Mode: is this correct:
0V=0AFR, 5V=50AFR, linear in-between...?

- High Res Mode:
0V=what AFR...? 4.096V=what AFR...? Linear in-between...?

- Can the FAST wideband be programmed to output a user-defined V:AFR relation...?

Rusty
January 8th, 2009, 04:41 AM
Joecar,
Thanks, no one else has sent it. I spoke with FAST / Comp Cams and here is the info for the High Res mode only. Do not have the other 2 modes. Most likely not needed. Thanks for your help

HIGH RES: Linear
0 = 9.6 AFR
4.097 = 21 AFR
Calculation formula = (output voltage * 2.8) + 9.6 = AFR

mr.prick
January 8th, 2009, 04:50 AM
V7.5.5 (Build 77) supports the FAST Wide Band, High Res Mode.

joecar
January 8th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Yes, mr.prick is correct, build 77 supports the FAST wideband...

On the PIDs tab, click on the column heading "Parameter" to sort the pids...

you will see CALC.AFR_F1 and F2 and CALC.BEN_F1 and F2.

Rusty
January 8th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Problem solved. Thanks for the help. All working as expected.