PDA

View Full Version : RR Setup

Harrismarine
January 7th, 2009, 05:56 PM
I am working my way through the set up while I wait for my license. and I have struck a problem....When I go to device manager on my laptop there is no com port listed as in the instructions. I know it should be there but its not...any suggestions :angel_innocent:
Mike

Tordne
January 7th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Do you see a device appear under the Universal Serial Bus controllers section in Device Manager? You may also try using Native USB settings in the Tune Tool?

If neither of those work for you I would:
- Remove the existing installed drivers (using FTClean)
- Connect RoadRunner and load it's driver (from 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\RoadRunner')
- Connect FlashScan and load it's driver (from 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive')

Harrismarine
January 8th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Do you see a device appear under the Universal Serial Bus controllers section in Device Manager? You may also try using Native USB settings in the Tune Tool?

If neither of those work for you I would:
- Remove the existing installed drivers (using FTClean)
- Connect RoadRunner and load it's driver (from 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\RoadRunner')
- Connect FlashScan and load it's driver (from 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive')

Thanks for the help.

There is :universal serial Bus controllers: in Device Manager

Stealth97
January 8th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Look for a sticky thread in the RR Forum about installing the latest FTDI drivers.

You using windows Vista? I just got mine working with this Vista laptop days ago.

Let us know how it is going along.

Eric

Harrismarine
January 8th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Thanks Eric, I am using Windows XP

Stealth97
January 9th, 2009, 09:15 AM
So did you get it working? Updates please!

Harrismarine
January 9th, 2009, 12:09 PM
So did you get it working? Updates please!

Not yet..........

Harrismarine
January 9th, 2009, 12:20 PM
When I go to connect it says

"no Roadrunner USB device can be found"

mr.prick
January 9th, 2009, 12:50 PM
is it licensed?

see if this (http://www.moates.net/roadrunner/livestart.htm)helps

Harrismarine
January 9th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Here is whats in device manager, what do I do from here??

Harrismarine
January 9th, 2009, 12:52 PM
is it licensed?

see if this (http://www.moates.net/roadrunner/livestart.htm)helps

Yep, its Licensed. I have been through that set up but there is no USB in my device manager as in the instructions

mr.prick
January 9th, 2009, 01:06 PM
what about this?

Harrismarine
January 9th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Nope, same thing

mr.prick
January 9th, 2009, 01:34 PM
post a screen shot of the problem.

Harrismarine
January 9th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Hows this

mr.prick
January 9th, 2009, 02:24 PM
how about the device manager too.

Tordne
January 9th, 2009, 02:31 PM
And also the RoadRunner tab of the properties in the Tune Tool.

Harrismarine
January 9th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Here you go

Tordne
January 9th, 2009, 03:45 PM
It should not work as shown in those screenshots. As there is no 'Ports' section in the Device Manager screen the USB Serial is not actually being loaded as a COM port.

You could try changing the Properties to Native USB.

Incidentally, did you try uninstalling drivers using FTClean and loading in the order I recommended in the first post?

Harrismarine
January 9th, 2009, 04:33 PM
It should not work as shown in those screenshots. As there is no 'Ports' section in the Device Manager screen the USB Serial is not actually being loaded as a COM port.

You could try changing the Properties to Native USB.

Incidentally, did you try uninstalling drivers using FTClean and loading in the order I recommended in the first post?

Dumb question time, What is FT Clean?

Tordne
January 9th, 2009, 04:45 PM
A utility for removing EFILive (and other FTDI) drivers from your system. The utility is located in the 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\FTClean' folder. Just run it accepting all defaults (with all devices disconnected from PC).

Then attach RoadRunner and it will prompt for driver location - same with FlashScan. But do it in the order I mentioned, RaodRunner first, then FlashScan.

Harrismarine
January 9th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Cool thanks, That removed them but now the wizzard cant find them? Have I failed to down load something correctly?

mr.prick
January 9th, 2009, 05:31 PM
you need to install from specific location and navigate to the drivers folder.
select the folder that matches your OS. (xp or me)

the drivers can be downloaded here (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=124).

Harrismarine
January 9th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Blond moment:doh2: Hey thanks, Now it works..must be the beer I just opened.
Now I just need to learn how to use it.

Big thanks guys, I learned quite a bit doing this:cheers::cheers::cheers:

mr.prick
January 9th, 2009, 06:03 PM
good luck, and enjoy the experience.

Tordne
January 9th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Both the RoadRunner and FlashScan drivers live in the 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers' folder.

WI Huck
May 11th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Yep, its Licensed. I have been through that set up but there is no USB in my device manager as in the instructions

I have the same issue. When I run FTDI Clean I get an error when I choose "No" to "Do you want to cancel driver uninstallation?". The Error is "File access denied."

Thanks for the help.

Mark

mr.prick
May 11th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Are you using Vista?

WI Huck
May 12th, 2009, 02:15 AM
XP Pro
Version 5.1 Service Pack 3

WI Huck
May 12th, 2009, 03:25 AM
Ok, I got the RR to connect. I have tried many things as far as drivers go. When I changed back to Native USB under the EFI Live main screen Edit – Properties – Road Runner tab and tried to connect it worked. I set the com port to 6 and check all ports. I don’t see that in the Properties now though. Thanks for the help!