PDA

View Full Version : options.txt file

chevydieselsmoker
January 9th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Last week i updated to the newest version of 7.5 and 8 and the options.ini file has changed. i added in my PCU's like i had before in the old file and they worked fine, then i went to move all the duramax pids up to the top of the pid selection list like i had done in the old file and changed all the PSL_XX numbers to match to where i moved them to and now I get a message when i try to log "no pids selected". so the question is where do the PSL numbers come from? are they associated with the selection list in descending order?

nevinsb
January 9th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Welcome to the forum!

What version of firmware are you running on the flashscan?

On mine, I had backup my old pid config directory, then go into the EFILive Explorer and run "format" on the config tab. Then select all of the .pid files and the options file and drag them down to the lower pane to copy them to the flashscan.

Also, the options.ini has moved to options.txt

joecar
January 9th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Post your old options.ini file (first add .txt to the end of the filename).

chevydieselsmoker
January 9th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I got her fixed now i forgot to put the "0" in front of the single digit PSL numbers. after i starred at the damn thing for 2 hours. its always something small an stupid. Thanks for the offer to help and the welcome guys. - JB

Edit: I do have another question though. anyone know if the pid names are different for the new BBL update, some of the DMA pids are showing up? oh and the bootblock and firmware are the latest versions.

Tordne
January 9th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Have a look at the documents in the 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Documents\Pid Descriptions' folder. Generally the _DMA PIDs differ in that that they are change to _M.

chevydieselsmoker
January 9th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Nice catch! Forgoet about that.