PDA

View Full Version : vin.ini

ZL1Killa
September 14th, 2005, 01:41 PM
ok well i had EFI live on my desktop at one point and it worked. But now when i got to install it , it installs, and then when i go to open it (the tuning tool) it says couldn't find vin.ini

and i go to register the product and then try and re-open it and it still says it...what is wrong?

Blacky
September 14th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Moved to tuning section

Blacky
September 14th, 2005, 01:56 PM
The vin.ini file should exist here:
Program files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\vin.ini

You can manually copy it from the CD from the folder:
EFIlive\Program files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\vin.ini
to
Program files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\vin.ini

Regards
Paul

ZL1Killa
September 15th, 2005, 07:23 AM
ok well, idk why it did what it did but i had to copy vin.ini and sae.generic.txt

ZL1Killa
September 17th, 2005, 04:49 PM
this thing is going weird on me. I enter all of my info to register and it tells me it doesn't recognize the custom operating system...but its a stock 01 system.

anyways I have several drives in my computer and I think I need to go a remove all of efi live folders and registry keys from my computer and start over completely on that one b/c it wasn't like this before.

so i will remove and hunt down all of these files and then get back to you on how this thing will work.

Blacky
September 17th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Remember, the 7.3 008 release is only an update to V7.2 on the CD. You should install 7.2 from the CD, then copy the files from 7.3 over the top of the 7.2 installation.

Regards
Paul