PDA

View Full Version : RR Lean cruise?

BRD-PREY
January 11th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I'm new to tuning and I'm in the absorb information and get familiar with my stock tune before I change anything. I was thinking if you had a RR couldn't you just command A/F to say 15.1/1 or so after you set the cruise control? Wouldn't that be a fast simple Lean Cruise? Is there a way to automatically grab the cruise active signal and set a different A/F when it's enabled???

Just wondering,
Ed

Chevy366
January 11th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I'm new to tuning and I'm in the absorb information and get familiar with my stock tune before I change anything. I was thinking if you had a RR couldn't you just command A/F to say 15.1/1 or so after you set the cruise control? Wouldn't that be a fast simple Lean Cruise? Is there a way to automatically grab the cruise active signal and set a different A/F when it's enabled???

Just wondering,
Ed

Yep , sure can , with a Custom OS you can command AFR or EQ at certain loads and rpm , you can do it without a COS but the COS does a finer job .
Some say you can play with O2 mv and gain some .
When cruise is set at certain speeds the PCM will command a general AFR at that rpm and load , so you can target that area of the AFR Table with desired AFRs , just like lean cruise does , or do a .cax and enable LC .
So I have heard .