PDA

View Full Version : new v2 problem

grayarea
January 15th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I have purchased a new v2 unit and i have installed all the drivers and such and it wont allow me to register efi live it shows me my license avaliability but every time i go to launch the tuning tool or the scan tool it says it is in demo mode and wont allow anything further unless i go in as administrator then i can view one of the generic tunes that was installed with the disc

I have spoke with nick and he helped me as far as possible but we kept hitting a dead end .

I have even hooked it to the truck to try and make it find the truck and it wouldnt :help2:

joecar
January 16th, 2009, 07:13 AM
grayarea, welcome...:cheers:

Did you enter the license details from the blue card (and only the details mentioned... i.e. not your name)...?

Did you enter the key and date exactly as shown on the blue card...?

Does the blue card say Scan & Tune...?

Blacky
January 16th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Another possibility is this:

When you installed the software, if you were presented with the options:
- "Install for this user only"
or
- "Install for all users"

You should select the "all users" option. If you selected the "for this user only" option, then the config/setup files are only available for the user that was doing the install (the administrator). So if you logged in as a different user, then that user would not have access to the config files - including the one with the license/registration details in it.

Regards
Paul

grayarea
January 16th, 2009, 12:26 PM
so is the best option for me to uninsall efi live then reinstall it making sure that the set for all is correct or can i go in and change this option

Thanx for the help corey

Blacky
January 16th, 2009, 07:30 PM
That would be the first thing I would do.
If that does not fix it then please continue posting in this thread.

Regards Paul

grayarea
January 18th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Well first off let me say thanks i did just that i uninstalled efi live then i shut off the UAC then reinstalled efi and it works perfect and it registered right off

:cheers :rockon: :rockon: