PDA

View Full Version : A6 flaring??

alian
January 16th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Have a A6 with a T43 controler, when driving under normal conditions it seems to flare between 4th to 5th. it does it in all modes. Any hints to help rectify this problem.
Cheers Ian

PSWired
February 6th, 2009, 06:29 AM
I think there is a GM software update that corrects this issue. Is this a 2007 operating system and calibration?

alian
February 6th, 2009, 08:39 AM
No, it is in a 2008 vehicle OS 24243170, Cal 24243178.

Cheers Ian

PSWired
February 6th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Put the VIN in here:

http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

And see if there are any updates that mention the flare fix.

PSWired
February 6th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Here is the CAL ID for the fix on the 2007 controllers:

24239571 - New calibration to correct 4-5 upshift flare

alian
February 6th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Here is the CAL ID for the fix on the 2007 controllers:

24239571 - New calibration to correct 4-5 upshift flare

Ok, I must be missing something, I entered my vin in and the cal part no and the info it gave me was was correct. what next
cheers Ian

PSWired
February 6th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I don't understand what you mean by "it was correct". Put your VIN in, choose the TCM from the list of modules, and click the button to view the entire change history. That will give you a list of calibration updates and the major fix that each update contains.

alian
February 6th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I don't understand what you mean by "it was correct". Put your VIN in, choose the TCM from the list of modules, and click the button to view the entire change history. That will give you a list of calibration updates and the major fix that each update contains.

Ok, I get to the summary.where do I find the history??have gone through it several times but cant seem to find the button that I click 2 find the history.it goes through choosing Holden/Chev then Australia, then it gives me a summary.
Ian

PSWired
February 6th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Press the "complete history" button at the bottom left.

alian
February 6th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Press the "complete history" button at the bottom left.

In Which screen, I cant seem 2 find it.my vin is 6G1EP85H69L201598. Can u have a go & see if it works.
Ian

alian
February 6th, 2009, 10:00 AM
In Which screen, I cant seem 2 find it.my vin is 6G1EP85H69L201598. Can u have a go & see if it works.
Ian

FOUND IT, was entering Holden (which it is) at the Holden/chev choice window. went back and tried Chev and all as u said was there.Not sure why when u select Holden its not there. Any way the only fixes I can find 4 it is acceleration delay due to tip in torque management.Thanks heaps 4 that, but it looks like they havnt had a go at fixing this 1 yet
Cheers Ian

gmh308
February 7th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Ian

Holden VINs do not have a "Complete" button in TIS.....:doh2: :(

The TITM/Tip In Torque Management, sag correction you found in the Chev cal.....may be the same thing....

At present as with the car industry in financial trouble, if the problem is not causing warranty costs, and there is no budget to fix it...............

I have tried 2 different OS's and 5 different factory cals between them, including an 09 Holden and I cant find the flare......apart from the annoying in-decision when turning a corner in the middle of the 2-3/3-2 threshold area. :doh:

:cheers:

alian
February 6th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Ok. If anyone is interested. I may have stumbbled on maybe a fix for the flaring.I have been trying every thing with my car since we bought it over 15 months ago. The other day I tuned the car maffless car and wella the flaring hasnt happen since. Thought It might help someone else out there as it has frustrated the #%$^ out me.
Cheers Ian

joecar
February 7th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Hmmm... might be an indication that shift adaptive learning is not working right.

alian
February 26th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Well it is back. The flaring has snuck back in a couple of weeks after I did the maffless full flash, so if it is the shift learning I am not sure how to fix it as the learning is on the TCM side and when I did the full flash to the ECU it seemed to stop (4 a while anyway).

b18cls1
June 14th, 2010, 01:52 PM
i cant stop the flares between any shift anymore

alian
September 30th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Havnt had time lately to do much with the problem, but going through the tune I have noticed that there is a fare bit of difference in the adapt learning parrameters when you compare 1-2, 2-3 etc when you get to 4-5 it dosnt seem to be consistant with all the others. Any way I might get a chance to have a play and will let you know.
Cheers Ian

joecar
September 30th, 2010, 06:25 AM
i cant stop the flares between any shift anymoreHas GM has issued any TCM calibration updates specifically addressing flaring during shifts...?

alian
September 30th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Has GM has issued any TCM calibration updates specifically addressing flaring during shifts...?

Not that I know of.
Ian

slowhawk
November 24th, 2010, 05:48 AM
I've been having this problem on some 2010 Camaro's. It's more of the 2-3 shift and 3-4 shift. More noticable when you add a blower. Tried everything to stop it. Came up with it's a OS problem from GM. Wish we could do a full flash on this thing.

2 cars with the same OS have flare. 2 other cars with a different OS have no flare at all. All the cars are Magnacharged.

Redline Motorsports
November 27th, 2010, 08:01 AM
I've been having this problem on some 2010 Camaro's. It's more of the 2-3 shift and 3-4 shift. More noticable when you add a blower. Tried everything to stop it. Came up with it's a OS problem from GM. Wish we could do a full flash on this thing.

2 cars with the same OS have flare. 2 other cars with a different OS have no flare at all. All the cars are Magnacharged.

I have found with A6 cars that if the reported load of the engine is not "spot on" you can get flare issues. Since the T43 is a torque based controller if the MAF and VE are not dialed in (which is reporting load) the trans will calculate at a lower or higher load then is correct.
We have been updating the OS with a MDI box but have also found the Mongoose Pass Thru cable is still working....much to popular belief...the 2010-2011 Camaro still uses 2009 logic as the car was released 1.5 years late and uses the early stuff.

Howard