PDA

View Full Version : LC-1 O2 sensor hookup

mtnman
September 15th, 2005, 01:23 AM
I'm looking over the innovate LC-1 manual and I have a question.

To use a wide band 02 sensor, do i have to go to an exhaust shop and have an extra 02 bung welded in? This seems highly inconvenient.

Or am I just misunderstanding the hookup? Do I remove an existing 02 sensor in the exhaust, somehow close it off, and screw in the lc-1 O2?

SSpdDmon
September 15th, 2005, 04:24 AM
You can use your existing bung. You'll have to force the PCM into open-loop to do that (so the PCM ignores the stock O2's). But, that shouldn't be a problem considering the stock O2's tune closed-loop already.

Dirk Diggler
September 15th, 2005, 04:51 AM
once the o2 sensor is disconnected IIRC the car automatically enters open loop

SS2win
September 15th, 2005, 04:59 AM
LC-1 has a 0-1v analog output that can be programmed to simulate the stock O2 sensor. that way you can replace one stocker and run the WB in its place... adding a bung is better idea so you dont have to run the WB all the time. Also my LC-1 came with a bung and plug so all you have to do is cut a hole and weld it in..

mtnman
September 15th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I will have to try the open loop process, since I dont have a welder readily available.

SS2win
September 15th, 2005, 08:01 AM
well if you ever get around the Tallahassee area let me know and I'll put it in for ya...

Black02SS
September 15th, 2005, 08:37 AM
once the o2 sensor is disconnected IIRC the car automatically enters open loop

Yes, but it may not throw a code until the car has had a few cycles.

joecar
September 15th, 2005, 09:00 AM
I am currently in the process of doing this (...I'm partway...)...

Cut off an old O2's wire/connector and splice in the heater power/ground and NB signal/ground to the LC-1;
this then connects to where the NBO2 was plugged in on car's harness; the LC-1 has a narrow band output;

If you don't have an old O2 sensor, ask at your local repair shop (must be later model GM sensor with square comnector attached),
or buy a header O2 extension cable ($10-$20) and cut it up.

i.e. the WBO2 replaces the NBO2 for as long as you like...
ha ha, there already has been discussion on how normal it is to be always auto tuning every time you drive (...sounds normal to me...)... :)

No need to drill hole and weld bung in nice new ceramic coated header.

Connect the wideband output to FlashScan inside car;
Connect the analog and system grounds together;
Tie everything down on underside of car.

If my Mrs. lets me, I'll use her Cybershot to take some pix (...that's as easy as herding cats...).

Brains
September 15th, 2005, 05:39 PM
I did this very thing last night :) Went to put the whole setup in a buddy's 2005 GMC 1500 truck, and then found out GM decided to reverse the gender of the O2 sensor connectors !!!!!!! WTF?!?