PDA

View Full Version : TCC Doesnt Stay Locked at 0TPS?

Mitco39
January 20th, 2009, 10:20 AM
I posted this over on diesel place but figured it may bet seen better here....

Ive been playing with the TCM tunes over the past couple days and im almost 100 precent satisfied with it... except for one thing.

The Torque converter will not stay engaged at 0 TPS... it doesnt matter what I change or do to the tune it will not stay engaged... For example I can be doing 70 mph down the highway and if i let my foot off the gas the TC will unlock and the truck will coast down the road... However even if i keep my foot about 5-10 TP the TC will stay engaged and I can feel it slow the truck.

I have went through every single table looking for what is causing this, but after about a hour I gave up. Has anyone had experiance with this?

If/when I get this tune done im going to throw it up in the library... Its so much faster in the city due to the TCC staying engaged (you dont get that lag untill it had time to lock)... which means no delay.

I tuned it in such a way that anything over half throttle will give you the Tow haul shift points (with a exception to 5th gear, I went and increased the speed needed to shift into it). At first I tried to copy all the tow haul tables over to the normal maps but it would not shift worth crap in the city... and I found myself having to play with the throttle to get it to happen... But now Its awesome.. Get the responsiveness of the Locked TCC but yet have the shift points in such a way that if your foot isnt into it it seems stock.

But if anyone knows what I have to change to keep the TCC locked at any TP range it would be appreciated....

Im loving this EFI Live thing :hihi: