PDA

View Full Version : The next 5 years

ZL1Killa
January 21st, 2009, 02:04 AM
Being that GM, Ford...etc are having issues $$ wise, what is EFI LIVE going to do in the near future?

I just got to thinking and wondering as we may all be driving hydrogen cars or electric cars at some point. R/C modders and electricians/electrical engineers are going to have fun in a few years on a large scale, LOL.

mr.prick
January 21st, 2009, 05:59 AM
They are going to ask for a bail out.:hihi:

joecar
January 21st, 2009, 06:03 AM
Petrol/gasoline only for me... none of that electric propulsion for me (...lol... and I'm an EE...). :D

nevinsb
January 21st, 2009, 06:06 AM
I've been trying to find one of those EV1 S10s for years now. If electric vehicles were cheaper, no doubt I would be driving one.

Like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-S-10-1998-All-Electric-Chevy-S-10-with-HOV-Sticker_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66 Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c2 93Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZ item150321118168QQitemZ150321118168QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ 5fTrucks

ZL1Killa
January 21st, 2009, 08:59 AM
Petrol/gasoline only for me... none of that electric propulsion for me (...lol... and I'm an EE...). :D

The combustion engine is just soooo much fun ;)

I'm thinking about buying V2 and tuning my friends diesel along with a few other cars my friends have.

GMPX
January 21st, 2009, 12:45 PM
Well, we have seen no slump in sales figures since the banking collapse which is a good sign for the industry. In fact a number of shops I've spoken to out here say that they are actually busier than normal, that I attribute to lower fuel prices.
I appreciate a lot of people have ended up in some horrible financial situations since then, but in talking with people I get the feeling the financial crisis is not as bad as the media wants you to think for the average person. Probably a good time to pick up a used Porsche, Ferrari etc :sly:
What I find annoying is how the media blames GM for not making vehicles that people want or not in touch with today's world. Ok, that might be true if they were trying to sell a Silverado in to Italy where it would take up both lanes of a road, but unless you drive around the US with a blind fold on it's pretty obvious that trucks are very popular vehicles.

Cheers,
Ross

dc_justin
January 21st, 2009, 03:36 PM
Well, we have seen no slump in sales figures since the banking collapse which is a good sign for the industry. In fact a number of shops I've spoken to out here say that they are actually busier than normal, that I attribute to lower fuel prices.
I appreciate a lot of people have ended up in some horrible financial situations since then, but in talking with people I get the feeling the financial crisis is not as bad as the media wants you to think for the average person. Probably a good time to pick up a used Porsche, Ferrari etc :sly:
What I find annoying is how the media blames GM for not making vehicles that people want or not in touch with today's world. Ok, that might be true if they were trying to sell a Silverado in to Italy where it would take up both lanes of a road, but unless you drive around the US with a blind fold on it's pretty obvious that trucks are very popular vehicles.

Cheers,
Ross

Part of GM's problem that is often glossed over is GMAC and it's foray into the mortgage world with Ditech.com. If all of these lenders are being hit so hard with bad debt, wouldn't it be safe to assume that GM's encountering a similar situation?

Chevy366
January 21st, 2009, 05:16 PM
The U.S. I am afraid is in deep trouble , with the current commander and chief , he and his party will start the Green Initiative in a few months .
Green cars are going to be pushed down our throats and gas prices will once again start to escalate as once before .
But the UAW has a huge in now , Hussein and party are UAW friendly .
Yeah GMAC , saw that coming a mile away , but Chrysler , poor Chrysler they always need money .

ZL1Killa
January 22nd, 2009, 09:22 AM
Yeah GMAC , saw that coming a mile away , but Chrysler , poor Chrysler they always need money .

yep, agreed.

Also, I have noticed that the tuning market along with the gun market right now is booming. I know plenty of people like you say Ross, that are staying busy and are actually swamped now.

mr.prick
January 22nd, 2009, 12:17 PM
The U.S. I am afraid is in deep trouble , with the current commander and chief , he and his party will start the Green Initiative in a few months .
Green cars are going to be pushed down our throats and gas prices will once again start to escalate as once before .
But the UAW has a huge in now , Hussein and party are UAW friendly .

:bad:
Ross and Paul may end up with time on they`re hands
to work with those Bosch controllers; hopefully not.

GMPX
January 22nd, 2009, 12:20 PM
I don't like to comment on another countries political debates, but outside the US the world has just collectively breathed a big sigh of relief. :wavetowel2:

Cheers,
Ross

nevinsb
January 22nd, 2009, 12:21 PM
^ their

Sparky8370
January 23rd, 2009, 03:48 PM
On Edit: Realizing that this is largely an international forum, I think it's inappropriate for me to negatively comment on our president so I am editing these out. We do have a P&R section over at diesel towing resource so I will keep it there.

TAQuickness
January 23rd, 2009, 11:55 PM
...but Chrysler , poor Chrysler they always need money .

If EFILive supported them, sales would boom on both ends :D

On Mr. Obama - I'd recommend everyone to read or listen to his books regardless if you're a 52 or 48 %'er. They are far more revealing than anything the media boasts. That said, I've noticed ammunition is not getting any cheaper.

ssvolvo
January 29th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Hey as long as Rick Wagoner continues to write calibrations (like the screwed up tune in my 08 Silverado) Ross will stay quite busy!

Chevy366
January 30th, 2009, 05:47 AM
I don't like to comment on other peoples lack of judgment but , we have to over look people who don't know any better and think what they hear from CNN , C-Span , MSNBC and Fox is the truth , we can only over look their short coming and pray they never move to our country !

Gil

Removed as requested .

ringram
January 30th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Governments suck everywhere.

They should represent no more than 20% of any economy. Their job is to set laws ONLY stop messing with everything else, outsource it and drop its cost to the economy.

A recent article showed how some areas are more dependant on the state (70%) than areas of the USSR at the end of the cold war!

Sparky8370
February 6th, 2009, 10:25 AM
On Edit: Realizing that this is largely an international forum, I think it's inappropriate for me to negatively comment on our president so I am editing these out. We do have a P&R section over at diesel towing resource so I will keep it there.