PDA

View Full Version : Read Current Tune into V2 Memory

hapnermw
January 21st, 2009, 04:28 PM
I'm a new user of Scan&Tune V2. One of the main reasons I chose it is its support for stand-alone operation. I understand that the ability to standalone program is coming soon in conjunction with the release of the AutoCal product.

It's not clear from the docs whether standalone reading of an ECM's tune into V2 memory is currently supported. I'm assuming it is but before I attempt this I would like to verify what is involved.

I've attached the V2 to EFILive and verified the drivers and licensing is in order. EFILive shows two open licenses. I'm assuming reading a tune from an ECM doesn't require any pre-setup such as logging does.

I'm assuming once the tune has been loaded in V2 memory there is a way for EFILive to extract it and store it on disk but I don't see any documentation of this. I also don't see an docs about how the data on the SD card is access via EFILive or how you use the SD card from the V2.

It might be useful to document more about how the V2 is used in standalone mode. All the docs I saw (with the exception of the fault code reading example in the quick start manual) assume the V2 is being used in the mode where its controlled by the PC.

Cougar281
January 21st, 2009, 04:40 PM
To my knowledge, standalone reading and flashing is not out yet, although I BELIEVE it's supposed to be relased to beta or public beta some time soon...

I'm a new user of Scan&Tune V2. One of the main reasons I chose it is its support for stand-alone operation. I understand that the ability to standalone program is coming soon in conjunction with the release of the AutoCal product.

It's not clear from the docs whether standalone reading of an ECM's tune into V2 memory is currently supported. I'm assuming it is but before I attempt this I would like to verify what is involved.

I've attached the V2 to EFILive and verified the drivers and licensing is in order. EFILive shows two open licenses. I'm assuming reading a tune from an ECM doesn't require any pre-setup such as logging does.

I'm assuming once the tune has been loaded in V2 memory there is a way for EFILive to extract it and store it on disk but I don't see any documentation of this. I also don't see an docs about how the data on the SD card is access via EFILive or how you use the SD card from the V2.

It might be useful to document more about how the V2 is used in standalone mode. All the docs I saw (with the exception of the fault code reading example in the quick start manual) assume the V2 is being used in the mode where its controlled by the PC.

ScarabEpic22
January 22nd, 2009, 12:19 PM
Standalone logging (BBL) is currently out and should be out of beta (not seeing any really big changes like this time last year). Standalone reading/flashing (BBR and BBF) are NOT even in beta stages yet. I feel your pain, I upgraded to my V2 for BBF, BBL I could do with my V1 but the ability to read and flash controllers without dragging my laptop outside is very appealing. Sure hope something's in the works soon, as Im not sure how much longer Ill have my truck... :(

5.7ute
January 22nd, 2009, 12:39 PM
Standalone logging (BBL) is currently out and should be out of beta (not seeing any really big changes like this time last year). Standalone reading/flashing (BBR and BBF) are NOT even in beta stages yet. I feel your pain, I upgraded to my V2 for BBF, BBL I could do with my V1 but the ability to read and flash controllers without dragging my laptop outside is very appealing. Sure hope something's in the works soon, as Im not sure how much longer Ill have my truck... :(

I believe that it is in final testing at the moment & will be released for beta testing very soon. It was not a requirement for me as I only upgraded to V2 to access later controllers. But now I am moving to a new area of town I would like to flash in a no go tune without having to lug the laptop everywhere.

ScarabEpic22
January 22nd, 2009, 12:46 PM
Good, Im ready to test the P10 code whenever I can. Most of the time I feel like its me on here pushing for P10 updates and a few other tuning shops peek their heads in sometimes too.

hapnermw
January 22nd, 2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the clarification,

I suspect that the demand for Autocal is the primary motivation for getting the standalone load/store function done. I hope this will be available soon.

Biggsy
January 22nd, 2009, 07:44 PM
But now I am moving to a new area of town I would like to flash in a no go tune without having to lug the laptop everywhere.

I didn't think of that :doh2:, Brilliant!
Hurry up standalone flashing! :D

5.7ute
January 22nd, 2009, 07:51 PM
I didn't think of that :doh2:, Brilliant!
Hurry up standalone flashing! :D

It is the only thing I could think of since the valet mode pin is being used for nitrous. Hopefully it wont take much longer than using a laptop to flash in the new tune.

Happy Jim
January 23rd, 2009, 11:17 AM
I would like to flash in a no go tune without having to lug the laptop everywhere.

I run a replica Cobra and often worry about security.....damn good idea :rockon:

Jim

GAMEOVER
January 23rd, 2009, 11:37 AM
A No GO Tune would be Tits...:)

Blacky
January 23rd, 2009, 05:53 PM
I'm currently running/testing an E38 custom OS that has the valet option. I accidentally left the speed limit at 80mph and did not take FlashScan away with me on the family holiday. Overtaking "slower" vehicles was a complete pain in the ass because I was limited to 80mph.

The good news is the valet mode works really well, too well:( The better news is, it is switchable on the fly using FlashScan (if only I took it with me).

Anyway back to the stand alone reading/flashing. It is currently under development and is being developed in conjunction with the AutoCal release. It will also be available for FlashScan customers (free of charge as per all our software updates).

We will be running a comprehensive field test and will be looking for volunteers sometime in mid-late Feb.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
January 23rd, 2009, 06:10 PM
Sounds great Paul! Let us know, I know Im down to start testing whenever I can! If you need any help with the pesky P10 PCM flashing Id be more than happy to help any way I can.

gmh308
January 23rd, 2009, 06:26 PM
I'm currently running/testing an E38 custom OS that has the valet option. I accidentally left the speed limit at 80mph and did not take FlashScan away with me on the family holiday. Overtaking "slower" vehicles was a complete pain in the ass because I was limited to 80mph.

The good news is the valet mode works really well, too well:( The better news is, it is switchable on the fly using FlashScan (if only I took it with me).

Anyway back to the stand alone reading/flashing. It is currently under development and is being developed in conjunction with the AutoCal release. It will also be available for FlashScan customers (free of charge as per all our software updates).

We will be running a comprehensive field test and will be looking for volunteers sometime in mid-late Feb.

Regards
Paul

Sounds great!

Isn't the speed limit in NZ 80k? 80mph would be AOK!:grin:

Biggsy
January 23rd, 2009, 08:22 PM
:exactly: 80mph wouldn't have been too bad at all!