PDA

View Full Version : 96-02 vortec intake solution

CC&M
January 22nd, 2009, 06:30 AM
I have been working on an intake solution for the vortec and port fuel retrofit for early small blocks. This is going to include the manifold, TB adapter, fuel line adapter, and rails. I can also build to order a retrofit harness for the early engine conversion to the 0411 pcm. Dyno testing has proven this is more powerful than either the stock or marine intake. Drop me a PM if interested as I will build them as needed.
Wade

GAMEOVER
January 22nd, 2009, 08:02 AM
Any Pics???

CC&M
January 22nd, 2009, 09:22 AM
Here is one installed on my K10 with a 4.9L caddy throttle body and MAF. That's part of another project to be discussed later.

CC&M
January 22nd, 2009, 09:30 AM
One more try to get the picture posted.

CC&M
January 28th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Here is one that I have finished that wanted to pose for a pic.

schwoch1
January 28th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Can't you use the boat Vortec intake and get the same end result?
Looks like a nice piece!!!

Mike

CC&M
January 28th, 2009, 05:38 PM
I'm sure the boat intake has it's value, but I couldn't get mine to run good past about 5000. I'm using one of these that pulls till it hits the fuel cut off at 6200. I'm going to have to get one onto a test engine to verify the numbers though. I personally like the look of this over the OEM anyway. I use a TB that has the bottom ridge bored out and the air vane removed from the butterfly as well. I do them right here in my shop if anybody else wants theirs done.
Wade

GAMEOVER
January 28th, 2009, 07:58 PM

Good looking Intake....:grin:

schwoch1
January 29th, 2009, 01:02 AM
I'm sure the boat intake has it's value, but I couldn't get mine to run good past about 5000. I'm using one of these that pulls till it hits the fuel cut off at 6200. I'm going to have to get one onto a test engine to verify the numbers though. I personally like the look of this over the OEM anyway. I use a TB that has the bottom ridge bored out and the air vane removed from the butterfly as well. I do them right here in my shop if anybody else wants theirs done.
Wade
I can see where the Boat intake would be restrictive in the upper RPM range, I suppose that boats are designed to run at idle or 4k RPM all day, no problems like that with your single plane design.
Again, I commend you for putting effort into an engine that missed the boat on aftermarket support (except for it's heads)!!!!

Mike

nevinsb
January 29th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Hi Schwoch1! I'll say "Welcome to the Forum" for JoeCar since he seems to be slacking.

BTW, if you are ever in the Eagle area, please stop by.

I bet that intake does flow better at high RPMs.

LS1_Dragster
January 29th, 2009, 05:34 AM

I've built a few like that but I didnt use as thick a base plate, contoured it to the manifold plus I used 90 degree ends on the fuel rails. I've also built 2 for LS1's with a stock throttle body and with the holley 4 barrel throttle body. It sure beats the stock setup for sure!

Lee

nevinsb
January 29th, 2009, 05:38 AM
The problem is going between the round throttle body and the square carb base. My spacer is about 2.5" thick on my truck.

joecar
January 29th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Here is one that I have finished that wanted to pose for a pic.Nice work...:cheers:

Looks like a Super Victor...?

CC&M
February 6th, 2009, 03:37 PM
It is one of the pro products "super victor" knock offs from china. I have on another application that runs great that I tuned with EFILive I'm never going back to that [other brand] software again.