PDA

View Full Version : A little help with a question

Harrismarine
January 22nd, 2009, 12:42 PM
I just got RR working and it is up dating VE table, But wont stop richening it up ,Scan tool is getting correct A/F reading and everything seems to work apart from that.....What am I missing??:cheers:

Mike

5.7ute
January 22nd, 2009, 03:31 PM
I just got RR working and it is up dating VE table, But wont stop richening it up ,Scan tool is getting correct A/F reading and everything seems to work apart from that.....What am I missing??:cheers:

Mike

What BEN pid are you using?

Harrismarine
January 22nd, 2009, 04:49 PM
TecEdge...

5.7ute
January 22nd, 2009, 06:12 PM
Have you verified the wideband AFR in the scantool is the same as showing on the unit?
Do you have a log of this occuring you can post?

mr.prick
January 23rd, 2009, 06:03 AM
1. Make sure your WBO2 is configured and working properly.
2. Make sure the proper PIDS are selected/configured properly and the cal.link.txt is configured properly.
3. Make sure your WBO2 is in sync with the scan.exe.
4. Configure your filter set(s) in the Roadrunner control panel.
5. Set the update frequency and the course/fine settings to your desired amount.
6. Set the RTACS min/max limit and the update accuracy in the RTACS tab.
The update accuracy should be 0%.

Note: RTACS only work while recording.
pause recording to stop RTACS until recording is resumed.

Harrismarine
January 23rd, 2009, 04:29 PM
After a few PMs from mr prick (Thanks by the way) It seems I have things working as they should BUT.. When the RR is up dating a cell in the VE table (which you can see happening) it is going the wrong way, The tune is a bit rich at idle which is backed up by the ben's in the scan map (showing .94 etc) But it keeps increasing the number in the VE (automatically) making the cell its on go way rich
The scan tool map is correct as I can copy and paste as normal and it corrects the cells and tunes the map.
RR is connecting and changing cells but it seems to be not referencing from the scan tool (which is working correctly), It must be a setting That I am missing or something I have not done correctly..What would cause this?????

VT LS1 NZ
January 25th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Make sure that in your RR Filters that the Pid you have selected is a Ben pid for your wideband and not the AFR pid of your wideband.And check your cal_link.txt file also for the correct pid.

Harrismarine
February 9th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I have been back through the whole thing without luck, Everything seems to be as it should but it still wont work correctly.......I give up!!

5.7ute
February 9th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Can you post up your cal link txt file as well as a log of this happening?

Harrismarine
February 10th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Here is the file, Ill get a log for you to look at...

5.7ute
February 10th, 2009, 05:39 PM
I checked your cal link & it all appears to be in order. When you go through a log with the scan & tunetool open, you can see what the RTACS correction should be in the window.(in the picture with the red.) Does this match what the scantool is showing?

Harrismarine
February 10th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Not sure but ill check.

Harrismarine
February 10th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Yes they seem to match

5.7ute
February 11th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Very strange. What build number of the software are you using? What units are you viewing the VE table in? Are you using a filter set? If yes, have you tried without any filters?

Harrismarine
February 12th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Using V7.5.5 Build 77.
Reading command fuel in AFR, and I have tried with and without filters

Mike

VT LS1 NZ
February 12th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Lets take a backward step here and see if its the RR or a scan tool issue.
In the scan tool does your Ben Map represent the difference Commanded AFR and your wideband readings.
If that is correct and you can copy paste & multifpy your Ben to your VE table and it alters correctly than we can now look at a RR issue.
If thats the case I would go back and reread my earlier post as this is the same issue I fixed for two other people where updating was contu increasing.

5.7ute
February 12th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Lets take a backward step here and see if its the RR or a scan tool issue.
In the scan tool does your Ben Map represent the difference Commanded AFR and your wideband readings.
If that is correct and you can copy paste & multifpy your Ben to your VE table and it alters correctly than we can now look at a RR issue.
If thats the case I would go back and reread my earlier post as this is the same issue I fixed for two other people where updating was contu increasing.

Going from his previous posts everything is in order. The only other thing I can think of is that the RR calc is using the wrong pid.
Mike, when you link the scan & tune tool is the correct pid showing in the RTACS window? (Circled in green in the pic)

mr.prick
February 12th, 2009, 11:44 AM
If he is using the cal.link.txt that is in post #10 (http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=87334&postcount=10)
there should not be a problem.
There is no math equation in B0101 to be dividing or adding,
this by default will multiply.
Is there different version of the cal.link.txt in the program files or user config folder.
If so they they should match.
That one posted looks like an unaltered one.

There is not a special PID linked either.
Maybe try a hard reset then see what happens.

BTW build 80 is out now.

5.7ute
February 12th, 2009, 11:56 AM
If he is using the cal.link.txt that is in post #10 (http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=87334&postcount=10)
there should not be a problem.
There is no math equation in B0101 to be dividing or adding,
this by default will multiply.
Is there different version of the cal.link.txt in the program files or user config folder.
If so they they should match.
That one posted looks like an unaltered one.

There is not a special PID linked either.
Maybe try a hard reset then see what happens.

Going from his previous post it is increasing his VE table while showing a rich BEN factor(under 1.0) in the scan tool. So it is either referencing the wrong BEN pid in the RTACS window or there is a problem in the tune tool. RR will be fine.

Harrismarine
February 12th, 2009, 07:02 PM
I am about ready to throw the whole lot in the bin!! The only thing that stops me is the fact that you guys are prepared to help and I know it will work. My problem is that It takes alot of time each time I get back to trying it...First i have to swap out the wet marine manifold for a dry pipe to monotor O2 and then I need to remove the driveshaft cos the jet unit wont run for long without water then I need to get a water supply to the motor and heat exchanger (garden hose)...This is the only way to do this in the workshop and it takes up alot of the day, hense the frustration, Its not like plug it to a car and try it.
So I appreciate the Help. I will set it all up again next week and log some stuff for you to look at. In the mean time I have been doing the old copy and paste!!

Mike

5.7ute
February 12th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Get some screenshots as well if you can as it is definately out of the ordinary. It wouldnt hurt to upgrade to the latest software update as well incase that is the problem.(I never used RTACS with build 77)
Cheers Mick