PDA

View Full Version : 2000 grand prix gtp

wpracing
January 22nd, 2009, 04:47 PM
Just curious on these vehicles? Can the EFI Live do anything with these cars. Just had a customer ask about this..

Thanks

Joel

GMPX
January 22nd, 2009, 05:50 PM
Not yet Joel, we had planned on doing something for them in 2008 but never got there. It's a pretty crowded market for tuners for them as it is, it might not be worth pursuing (for us).

Cheers,
Ross

bw02gtp
June 22nd, 2009, 04:35 PM
I don't see how the market is crowded, as the only company that supports them now is hptuners.

I've been waiting for a long time (around 2 years) for efilive to support these cars, as hptuners and powrtuner (now defunct) leave a lot to be desired. I've gone as far as disassembling my own bin files to find more parameters, and while that has gotten me very far, it still doesn't improve the rest of the software thats available. And I don't understand why people claim it's so hard to map the P04 and P05 pcms, I've looked at around 350 different bins from P04 and P05 pcm's, from the 98 to 05 model years, and found only around 30 different mappings, to get support for most vehicles you could probably get away with as few as 10. I understand that efilive has the code written to read and write these pcm's, so about all that is left is mapping them out.

As much as I despise hptuners (i've followed them since their beginnings), I'm ready to give up waiting for efilive to support us and unfortunately buy hptuners, as I now need something that supports the P04's, LS1's and 06+ P12 pcm's.

L31Sleeper
June 27th, 2009, 06:54 AM
bw02gtp Maybe it's more crowed in New Zealand :blahblah::blahblah:

bw02gtp
June 27th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Well, from what I know, the Australian 3.8's have a completely different pcm thats not even made by delphi/delco. So anything related to tuning the Australian 3.8 v6's is irrelevant to this discussion.

What this thread and quite a few others on this board want support for are the P04 and P05 FWD V6 pcm's. I'm really disappointed in EFIlive in that aspect, previously when they would post replies in those threads, they would always say "it's on the roadmap to be done in a few months". Now they are saying it probably won't be done at all due to the market being "too crowded" with only one competitor, and a crappy one at that. I (any many others that I know of) would have bought efilive v2 when it first came out if it had support for these pcm's, it just seems like they don't want our money.

If I were running a company, I would NEVER pass up potential sales, especially in this day and age. I would also do anything in my power to out do my competitors, and I sure wouldn't make excuses not to.

mr.prick
June 27th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Not yet Joel, we had planned on doing something for them in 2008 but never got there. It's a pretty crowded market for tuners for them as it is, it might not be worth pursuing (for us).

Cheers,
Ross

I doubt many people will go out of they're way to buy EFILive just for this
particular vehicle but more is never a bad thing.

Ferrari support is few and far between
maybe this is a market worth tapping. :hihi:

L31Sleeper
June 27th, 2009, 10:28 AM
So far I am happy with my V2. If i could change an SC pulley and drop
in some injectors I know I would make money. I don't know if it makes
a difference to Ross but I would buy that stream.

dmaxbowtie
January 27th, 2010, 10:08 AM
I know it's an older post but, you can use efi live on a four cylinder Saturn yet not on a supercharged 3.8 so your telling me that more people are going to buy efi live just for their saturn than a grand prix gtp, regal gs,monte Carlo, impala ect?

GMPX
January 27th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Actually we just added the reading of the 1996+ 3.8L PCM's to the black box reading, so progress is happening, albeit a very small step!
The feeling I get is that the 3.8L guys are looking for custom OS's etc? I've not seen what HPT has in the 3.8L tuning department, but given that was released to compete with DHP at the time it was probably on par (or had maybe more than DHP) as far as tuning tables. So what else do the 3.8L tuners need over what HPT has?

Cheers,
Ross

L31Sleeper
January 27th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Ross..........Thank you, from this point on I will shut down anyone that
says EFI Live doesn't listen to it's customers. Now you could be a nice
guy and add it to LS1-B and I'll just go a head and buy that one, however
I am a man of my word so if you make this a separate stream I will buy
it also. SSSOOOOooooo...... where is the caddy 4.6 & 4.4 SC support ?

EDIT :Sorry Ross you guys must have added the 4.4L & 4.6L since the last time
I checked.

L31Sleeper
January 30th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Well I can't say what I want compared to HP Tuner as I DON'T OWN HP tuner.
What I do know is that I looked into both for almost a YEAR !!! I saw three
major advantages with EFI Live:

1- I was able to preview the software. I am all about DEMO ing software.
There is no reason for either company to be "afraid" of letting the software
out there seeing how it's useless without the hardware.

2- The EFI Live hardware is much better. I can see that you guys are moving
toward many more black box functions. I don't see a HP Tuner V2 ??

3- Their credit system is retarded. To get the same features you could
spend double or more. If I get a file from Justin @ Black Bear I can
load it to my PCM with out needing to pay more money.

I DO NOT intend to offend anyone with this information.
The ONLY thing HP had was :

97-02 Firebird/Camaro 3.8
00-05 Chevrolet Impala 3.4, 3.8
06-09 Chevrolet Impala 3.5, 3.9
97-01 Chevrolet Lumina 3.1, 3.4, 3.8
97-03 Chevrolet Malibu 3.1, 3.4
06-09 Chevrolet Malibu 3.5, 3.6, 3.9 (3.5 in 07+ only)
97-05 Chevrolet Monte Carlo 3.1, 3.4, 3.8
06-07 Chevrolet Monte Carlo 3.5, 3.9
97-05 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8
97-05 Pontiac Grand Am 3.1, 3.4
06-09 Pontiac G6 3.5, 3.6, 3.9 (3.5 in 07+ only)
97-05 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.1, 3.8
98-05 Buick Century 3.1
97-05 Buick Lesabre 3.8
97-05 Buick Park Avenue 3.8
97-04 Buick Regal 3.8
97-99 Buick Riviera 3.8
09 Buick Lucerne 3.9
04 Buick Rendezvous 3.4
99-04 Oldsmobile Alero 3.4
07-09 Saturn Aura 3.5, 3.6

That's my 2c
-Justin

GMPX
January 31st, 2010, 11:28 AM
Regarding the what don't they have question, where I was coming from was, there has been 3 software companies release tuning for the 3.8L V6, DHP, Tunercat and HPT, if after all this time people are still asking EFILive to add support for that engine, is it because the other 3 don't offer enough tables / parameters to get decent tuning done (they might already have everything?) Or because you would rather use the EFILive software as you are familiar with it.

What I don't want to get in to is releasing it then being bombarded by Emails saying we want to run 28psi, can you do a custom OS, if not you guys suck.

Cheers,
Ross

mr.prick
January 31st, 2010, 11:58 AM
People ask because they want the best. :thumb_yello:
Shouldn't all vehicles have at least one COS? :hihi:

ScarabEpic22
January 31st, 2010, 05:50 PM
People ask because they want the best. :thumb_yello:
Shouldn't all vehicles have at least one COS? :hihi:

P10s get first dibs!:rockon:

Doubtful...:shock::cucumber:

L31Sleeper
January 31st, 2010, 11:16 PM
Well I couldn't find any info on DHP ?? I'm pretty sure Westers garage has
coverage, it looks like they aren't any better than HP tuner. Plus they want
ALL the money up front like 10K. We are already familiar with the software
and hardware, and simply because we ALREADY own it !!

Of course we want a COS and be able to run 30psi :sly::rockon:
Like I said before with a pulley and injector swap
I believe there is money to be had.

Thank you
-Jusitn

GMPX
February 1st, 2010, 10:36 AM
Well, I can assure you there is no way there will be any COS for these older platforms, 3.8L V6, P10 etc, not going to happen.

ScarabEpic22
February 1st, 2010, 11:30 AM
Well, I can assure you there is no way there will be any COS for these older platforms, 3.8L V6, P10 etc, not going to happen.

I know for the P10, dang b@stard child of GM. Doesnt make business sense to make one unfortunately.

Ill take the one for the E67 though, got to figure out what I want to use it for now hmmm.

L31Sleeper
February 1st, 2010, 02:48 PM

That was a joke......

I still haven't seen what those PCMs look like inside (software)
but they do have built in boost management right. ??

GMPX
February 2nd, 2010, 12:53 AM
but they do have built in boost management right. ??I have no idea, we can read the PCM, doesn't mean we understand it all yet :) (I'll be honest, I've not even looked).

L31Sleeper
February 2nd, 2010, 08:15 PM
The Grand Prix GTP is a 3.8 SC with a small Eaton.

GMPX
February 3rd, 2010, 05:32 PM
Sorry, what I meant was I don't know how that PCM's code works yet, I know the engine range it's used on spans from the 3.1L to the 3.8L SC.

Cheers,
Ross

Highlander
February 6th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Can you add reading and flashing support for them???? That would be great actually...

ScarabEpic22
February 6th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Can you add reading and flashing support for them???? That would be great actually...

Readings already available via BBF in the latest release.