PDA

View Full Version : 98 sd tune problems (????)

rubbersidedown
January 24th, 2009, 12:23 PM
tune w/ MAF works good, go through auto VE tutorial and try to tune car... as soon as I unplug MAF, A/F slowly goes lean (up to 20+:1 @ idle and part throttle) I am basing my maps off the back-up VE table for correction and they are pretty close when MAF is plugged in. try to richen it up on back-up VE (and main VE once just for trials) by as much as 40% (showing idle values in the 80s) and it still goes lean. This is an N/A deal and we are pegging the MAF (11250 limits) @ about 5300-5600. Therefore we need to do a S/D tune. I have went through the auto tutorial twice and set up two different tunes (in case i fudged something the first time) with the same results. I have had very good results with similar set-ups in the past, not sure why this one is fighting so hard... Any ideas?
thanks

hquick
January 24th, 2009, 03:15 PM
I believe you have to make backup and main VE table the same?

rubbersidedown
January 24th, 2009, 03:34 PM
that may explain it although the tables are labled differently (map axis') can anyone else confirm this (i sure don't remember reading that, although that doesn't mean anything!)
thanks

roy
January 24th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Yes the tables are different, the backup table has less resolution to work with.
Would you mind posting your tun.

rubbersidedown
January 27th, 2009, 01:30 AM
here ya go... let me know what your thoughts are... thanks