PDA

View Full Version : E38 Rev Limiter Issues

4wheelin
January 25th, 2009, 08:47 PM
I have a customer with a retrofitted L76 running an E38 with a fully manualised Auto with no VSS (It's a Nissan Auto). I have raised all the throttle limits above the Rev limit by gear as this was the only way I could get fuel Rev limiting. When you hit the limiter and upshift, the limiter stays engaged until you lift the throttle even though the rpm has dropped. Has anyone else had this issue?

Joel

Boosted GMC
January 26th, 2009, 05:13 AM
We had one doing the same thing. The trans had a torn lip seal. After fixing the trans we just made sure to shift before we hit the rev limiter. Maybe you could set the rev limiter to fuel cutout insted of throttle cutout. set 5206 yes and 5207 to no. Then you could increase the time before it goes into throttle limit int the etc throttle limiter table.

4wheelin
January 28th, 2009, 08:18 AM
This is set to fuel cut, its the fuel cut limiter that stays ingaged. I have watched the throttle log and it is staying open.

Joel

GMPX
January 28th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Ah, the joys of conversions! I'm not really sure what that might be, just check DTC's because sometimes with DTC's set the ECM will handle the Speed Limiters differently, maybe it does the same with the RPM limit.

Cheers,
Ross

4wheelin
August 1st, 2010, 11:25 PM
I changed the OS all good now

doubledip
August 2nd, 2010, 11:07 PM
have you got a copy of the faulty OS you can post up please

4wheelin
August 3rd, 2010, 05:00 PM
Here it is

turbo_bu
August 4th, 2010, 03:37 AM
I changed the OS all good now

Didn't think that some of the newer ECM's were able to change OS's without bad things happening (unlike the 0411 stuff). Which one did you happen to change to, to fix your problem?

4wheelin
August 4th, 2010, 10:28 AM
I had to go to an Australian based OS, the vintage was compatible but I couldn't do it with EFI, I sent it out, they may have used Tech 2. Customer from Hell, he supplied the US based ECU and complianed when I charged him to retune it after the OS upgrade.

It now runs this OS and has functional rev limiter.

doubledip
August 4th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Tech 2 was used ;)

VIN looks very familiar ROFL