PDA

View Full Version : Torque reduction

Boosted GMC
January 26th, 2009, 05:23 AM
I'm working on a 08 g8 and we want to get rid of or reduce the torque managment. When we set the torque reduction to NO it turns on the abs and trac light. Is there any way to keep some timing through the shifts?

The Alchemist
March 10th, 2009, 10:32 AM
I think this stuff is in the pipeline isn't it GMPX?

GMPX
March 10th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Yes, Jesse at Wait4Me has been playing around with some new calibrations on he's CTS-V, torque reduction stuff, he said it's made a big difference.
Maybe in a week or two we can get some updated cals out.

Cheers,
Ross

GTPprix
March 11th, 2009, 02:39 AM
I've been reducing TM since shortly after the 6L Series came out, it really helps out quite a bit! :)

Alex(AUS)
May 14th, 2009, 03:14 AM
Yes, Jesse at Wait4Me has been playing around with some new calibrations on he's CTS-V, torque reduction stuff, he said it's made a big difference.

Cheers,
Ross

When is this happening Ross?

Thanks,

Alex

b18cls1
May 26th, 2009, 01:21 PM
yeah i have the tq mngment on the tranny tured off but still timing goes to -5 during shifts

Alex(AUS)
May 26th, 2009, 08:11 PM

Cheers,
Ross

Hi Ross,

Any ETA on the finer torque reduction stuff? Also, better on-coming, off-going clutch control would also be nice ...

Thanks,

Alex

Josh61513
June 4th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Hi Ross,

Any ETA on the finer torque reduction stuff? Also, better on-coming, off-going clutch control would also be nice ...

Thanks,

Alex

I've been asking about this since November of last year, after HPT released a ton of new capabilities:
http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=82014&postcount=2

I'm starting to realize that transmission tuning isn't a major focus for the EFILive team, it's more something that's required to keep up with the competition. Since transmission tuning is my primary interest I happened to purchase the wrong software.

EFILive did release an update earler this year but torque reduction is still simply on/off, and the sophisticated controls that HPT has available are still MIA.

Regards,
Josh

Alex(AUS)
June 4th, 2009, 07:46 AM
I've been asking about this since November of last year, after HPT released a ton of new capabilities:
http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=82014&postcount=2

I'm starting to realize that transmission tuning isn't a major focus for the EFILive team, it's more something that's required to keep up with the competition. Since transmission tuning is my primary interest I happened to purchase the wrong software.

EFILive did release an update earler this year but torque reduction is still simply on/off, and the sophisticated controls that HPT has available are still MIA.

Regards,
Josh

I am in the same boat ... I have been asking and asking for these A6 tables ... I simply get ignored. Can someone at Efilive please purchase the HPTuners software and replicate the tables ... the calibrations and the parameter mapping is GM IP afterall and nomatter how you do it you will get to the exact same result. So just do it already.

Alex

The Alchemist
July 3rd, 2009, 04:26 PM
bump > any progress here or estimation onrelease time GMPX?
Mike

RonC
July 4th, 2009, 06:42 AM
I like what we have so far but more control of this tranmission is very desireable. I am having trouble getting good quick shifts on my 2010 Camaro. With all the tq mgt off it will still pull timing but on downshifts only. In addition to the already mentioned tables, I would also like to be able to command 100% PWM on the converter clutch lockup.

It looks like this transmission will be with us for a while and it needs more parameters to fine tune it and make it a great one, IMO.

Ron