PDA

View Full Version : what kind of pw do you guys run?

hot-dog
January 26th, 2009, 02:28 PM
hey, new guy here. have been tuning for a few months now and just curious as to whats normal duration for a high hp duramax tune. i run 2400us at 22-23k psi with no lift pump and 30* timing, about what do you think that would put me at as far as power, low 400s? my other question is about how much rail pressure would i actually pick up with a 130ish gph lift pump, anything notable or would it just hold a more consistent psi over a longer period of time?

beach_33
February 5th, 2009, 05:02 PM
it would help if you would let us know what kind of motor you have. lb7, lly, lbz, lmm

scramhd
February 6th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Not looking for pressure to feed cp3, your looking for volume. Yes a lift pump always helps.

Far as hp numbers, all trucks respond different to tuning. I would guess your at 400hp but as stated above, what else you got on the truck?

hot-dog
February 8th, 2009, 02:41 AM
yea, the rwhp calculation on the scantool says 400hp if i weighed 6500lbs... its an lb7. only other mods are the basic stuff, intake,straight pipe, boost controller set around 30-32psi, shift kit, and i just ported the fca last weekend. that picked up a few thousand psi in the high revs.

lakingslayer
February 10th, 2009, 01:38 PM
You can run a pulse width as high as you want but your rail pressure will drop off at some point to where you will lose power. A lift pump will allow you to run a higher pulse width before you see the rail pressure drop. On my large tune I try to keep my rail pressure above 19Kpsi. LLY's have a different injector so my pulse widths won't make any sense to you on a LB7.