PDA

View Full Version : BBL Pids???'s

GAMEOVER
January 27th, 2009, 08:20 PM
I'm using the LS1B_M for BBL my S-10 Vortec but it won't let me use KR or AFR....
I've tried using KR & KNKRET_B and also AFR & AFR_B
both of them unsuccessful though:unsure:

After i change the pids in the option_text my V2 validates KNKRET_B and AFR_B but they don't show up on the V2 LCD or on my laptop when I view a Log
And if I use AFR and KR, V2 tells me they are not supported...

But the funny thing is, I always use KNKRET_B and AFR_B when I use my laptop/V2 for data logging...

Any Ideas?

Tordne
January 27th, 2009, 09:19 PM
The PIDs in Version 8 (Black Box Logging) are sometimes different to the PIDs in V7. Have a look at the PID Description files in the ‘C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Documents\Pid Descriptions’ folder :)

Neither of the PIDs you mention are listed in the LS1B_M file.

mr.prick
January 28th, 2009, 02:03 AM
KR [1] Retard Due to Knock (°)
and
AFR [2] Commanded Air Fuel Ratio (AFR)
are on mine.
did you write them like this?
PCM, KR
PCM, AFR

If you want a calc.pid use "-", PID

GAMEOVER
January 28th, 2009, 03:04 AM
KR [1] Retard Due to Knock (°)
and
AFR [2] Commanded Air Fuel Ratio (AFR)
are on mine.
did you write them like this?
PCM, KR
PCM, AFR

If you want a calc.pid use "-", PID

Yes, I wrote them exactly like that... Since there isn't a Pid selection available for Vortec controllers in the V2 for BBL, Paul told me I can use either LS1A or LS1B in the V2 but i would have to find out which Pids were supported and which one's were not and to modify accordingly in the options_text file

EOPS, KR and MAFFREQ weren't supported when I started, I removed EOPS and MAFFREQ an replaced with SHRTFT1 & SHRTFT2
I replaced KR with KNKRET_B (only works with Vortec controllers)
Replaced AFR with AFR_B (only works with Vortec controllers) and it worked but the problem is they don't show up on the V2 LCD screen and they didn't show up when I put the SD card in my laptop to view a log file. That's as far as I got...:)

GAMEOVER
January 28th, 2009, 10:11 AM
It must be something simple that I'm missing...

Blacky
January 28th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Can you send me your Options.txt file? (paul@efilive.com)
Regards
Paul

GAMEOVER
January 28th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Yes, Sir....

Blacky
January 28th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Ok, after looking over the files that you sent, I can see what is causing the problem.

You can only select the PIDs listed in the appropriate pid description files in the folder: \Program Files\EFILive\V8\Doc\Pid Descriptions

The only controller type that is currently defined to support the AFR_B PID is the E40 controller, so you'll need to use that one (for your vortec) in order to see the AFR_B PID.

Unfortunately (right now) there is no *.pmm file that is configured to display the KNKRET_B PID. So you can't log that using BBL at the moment.

Right now I am working on updating the BBL PID selections and a vortec definition should be availabel in the next update.

Regards
Paul

GAMEOVER
January 29th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Thanks Paul, I'll be looking forward to it....

GAMEOVER
February 9th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Hey Paul,

I see there was a new update. Any chance a Vortec BBL definition was included? Just curious...:)

Blacky
February 9th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Sorry, not in the latest release.

We are building a major release V7.6.1 that will have all new BBL PID definitions. The *.pmm files had to be redesigned to take up less memory so as to fit inside the available RAM in FlashScan. That has been a major overhaul of the BBL code in FlashScan. The good news is it allowed us to fix a number of desing issues.

I'm not sure when V7.6.1 will be available but the first release will probably coincide with the AutoCal field testing program. That is tentatively scheduled for end of Feb, although I may release the BBL update before then. It just depends on how the software development progresses in the next week or two.

Regards
Paul

dc_justin
February 10th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I'm not sure when V7.6.1 will be available but the first release will probably coincide with the AutoCal field testing program. That is tentatively scheduled for end of Feb, although I may release the BBL update before then.

Fantastic!

GAMEOVER
February 10th, 2009, 02:39 PM
That's Cool....:)

Need any volunteers for field Testing? (Autocal)....I'm game......

JBeas

bballer182
March 1st, 2009, 06:12 PM
DMA pids not working in the latest release for the LBZ/E35?

Blacky
March 1st, 2009, 06:40 PM
DMA pids not working in the latest release for the LBZ/E35?

What exactly is not working?
Pass-through mode or black box logging mode or both?
Which PIDs, or is it all DMA PIDs that you have tried so far?
Do the PID values not show up at all, or are they wrong?
Does logging start, or do you get an error message?
If you get an error message what is it?
Do you have trace/log files to show the problem?

Sorry for the "20 questions", but I need more than just "not working".
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=95&Itemid=114#DOH!

P.S. Meanwhile, I will try out BB logging on an LBZ to see if I can discover any problems.

Regards
Paul

bballer182
March 1st, 2009, 06:52 PM
well im 99.9% sure i have the new pmm files on the V2.

in BBL mode
all DMA pids
No error mesage
pids display with no data
no logs/traces yet just using display data not logging.

bballer182
March 3rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
So i updated everything on the V2 to make sure every file was current and still not luck?!?!?

I even edited options.txt to use the lmm.pmm file instead of the lbz.pmm to see it that would work and it didn't work either...

still need to get a log and a trace for you

bballer182
March 5th, 2009, 01:46 PM
OK so this is weird i just did a quick log and trace to give to ross or paul and after i saved the BBL file i opened it on the laptop in the scan too and the DMA pids were displaying data and correct data, but at the time of the recording none of the pid values were displayed... So i guess DMA pids do record but that just don't get displayed.

Blacky
March 5th, 2009, 07:42 PM
The BB Logging system has had a complete overhaul to fix this problem and some other similar problems. The newest firmware and software will be released as part of the AutoCal beta test program. You can apply to be part of the beta test program here:
http://forum.efilive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76

You can choose to use your FlashScan V2 if you don't want/need to purchase an AutoCal. Or if you don't want to apply to be part of the beta test you will still be able to download the beta software and use it (at your own risk).

Regards
Paul

bballer182
March 6th, 2009, 02:27 AM
I applied for the autocal... it's kinda funny in the comments section i put "i would consider my self the programming guru" but i meant to say "wouldn't" and didn't notice it till i got the e-mail confirmation.

I had to laugh at that. :D

Blacky
March 6th, 2009, 08:16 AM
I applied for the autocal... it's kinda funny in the comments section i put "i would consider my self the programming guru" but i meant to say "wouldn't" and didn't notice it till i got the e-mail confirmation.

I had to laugh at that. :D

:cucumber:

joecar
March 6th, 2009, 09:13 AM
lol...:hihi:

Throughout my life, I've had to debug my code many times only to find instances of this quite a few times:

if (status == GOOD)
printf("Failed, bad status");
:doh2::doh2::doh2::doh2:

GMPX
March 6th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Ah here we go, programming jokes.....

Steve asks "do you program in assembler"?
Dave answers, NOP

okay, I'll stop now.

Garry
March 6th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Steve asks "do you program in assembler"?
Dave answers, NOP

I believe most of nowaday's "programmers" won't get that ... ;)

GAMEOVER
March 7th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Ok, after looking over the files that you sent, I can see what is causing the problem.

You can only select the PIDs listed in the appropriate pid description files in the folder: \Program Files\EFILive\V8\Doc\Pid Descriptions

The only controller type that is currently defined to support the AFR_B PID is the E40 controller, so you'll need to use that one (for your vortec) in order to see the AFR_B PID.

Unfortunately (right now) there is no *.pmm file that is configured to display the KNKRET_B PID. So you can't log that using BBL at the moment.

Right now I am working on updating the BBL PID selections and a vortec definition should be availabel in the next update.

Regards
Paul

Maybe next UPDATE...:)

Blacky
March 7th, 2009, 06:22 PM
My bad :( Sorry.
I'll see if I can make a pmm file that works for you.
Paul

Blacky
March 8th, 2009, 08:15 AM

Actually, when I went back to add the PID, I remembered why I did not include the PID. I have significantly changed the format of the *.pmm files and if I sent you the latest version with that PID in it, FlashScan would not be able to use it.

You'll need to wait until the AutoCal beta software is made available. That is scheduled for next weekend.

Regards
Paul

GAMEOVER
March 8th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Cool.
Thank you Sir.

GAMEOVER
March 11th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Paul,
Is the new release going to have the Vortec definition? With the Autocal Beta software only? Or?
Sorry, I confuse myself once in a while...:)

Blacky
March 12th, 2009, 03:45 PM
The AutoCal beta release includes all new FlashScan and AutoCal firmware that is designed to support standalone reading/flashing. It also includes all new Black Box logging and new *.pmm files with new PIDs.

This weekend I'm setting up the beta test and getting the first phase of the beta software ready to release.

Regards
Paul

bballer182
March 13th, 2009, 12:11 PM
OOOO!!!! yay.

GAMEOVER
March 16th, 2009, 04:02 AM
Did the new update come out this weekend....:)

GAMEOVER
March 16th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Oops, I meant, last weekend...