PDA

View Full Version : Killed My Truck (funny)

GL4787
January 28th, 2009, 03:25 PM
So i was messin around with the scan tool and i was checkin' out how the DVT panel worked. i was playin around with the idle, set it to 1000RPM's and hit activate. Awsome, now i don't need a high idle switch. I went to switch the idle back down to 600 and forgot to deactivate it. i highlighted the 1000 and pushed 6. The idle dropped immediatley and i instantly knew what happened. my buddy that was riding shotgun got huge eyes like he thought i blew the truck up or something. he has no EFI faith.

Cougar281
January 28th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I've done that... First time I did it I was like What the :shock:... Wait :confused:... Oh :redface:...

Doesn't idle too good at 6 RPMs :hihi:

GMPX
January 29th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I can beat you all and this is very embarrassing.
When testing our LS1 stuff in the early days I had disabled the cooling fans in the DVT panel when playing around with some idle settings, I realised this when the hot engine warning lamp came on the dash and there was a 'little' steam coming from the front of the car!
On the next release we added in a function that monitors the coolant temp and disables the DVT panel once it gets too hot.

Cheers,
Ross

GL4787
January 29th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I've done that... First time I did it I was like What the :shock:... Wait :confused:... Oh :redface:...

Doesn't idle too good at 6 RPMs :hihi:

well, i'm glad i'm not the only one. haha...:grin:

8100 Power
January 30th, 2009, 07:28 PM
well, i'm glad i'm not the only one. haha...:grin:

I think most have, they just wont admit it ! :angel_innocent:

joecar
January 31st, 2009, 11:29 AM
We have all done stupid stuff :cucumber:which we learn from (some lessons are harder than others :bangin:)...

My own self-imposed "rules" when using the DVT/bidir panel:
- only manipulate 1 or 2 items at any time,
- only manipulate items on the same DVT sub-tab,
- if fans were disabled, don't do anything else until they are restored,
- read the service manual beforehand to understand the function/operation of each subsystem (e.g. EVAP), then I won't be surprised.

cmitchell17
February 1st, 2009, 06:21 AM
This is kind of off topic but does the VNT control for LLYs not work. Whenever I try it it gives me a DVT error message and does not seem to do anything.

GMPX
February 1st, 2009, 01:57 PM
Please let us know what the VNT control error message is.

Cheers,
Ross

cmitchell17
February 4th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Ok sorry I havent got a chance to test it. I can control the VNT target position with no errors just ok. But it does not seem to do anything. When I try to control the duty cycle it gives a red message that says DVT unsupported. I can control things like idle speed though.