PDA

View Full Version : Cannot send tune to vehicle

Z06-Dave
January 29th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I have had my V2 for over 6 months. I tried to flash my PCM with a new tune but it always fails. It says:

Error unregistered interface, some features have been disabled

I know my software is registered, I had to put in a date and number...How do I register the flashscan device? I and able to log my passes and read my PCM, I just cant send to it.

Thanks,
Dave

joecar
January 29th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Dave, welcome...

Have you entered the information from the blue card exactly (no more, no less)...?

Does your blue card say "Scan & Tune"...?
Is this what you selected in the registration window...?

Don't enter your name unless the blue card mentions your name.

Z06-Dave
January 30th, 2009, 03:40 AM
Dave, welcome...

Have you entered the information from the blue card exactly (no more, no less)...?

Does your blue card say "Scan & Tune"...?
Is this what you selected in the registration window...?

Don't enter your name unless the blue card mentions your name.

Yep, I entered it just like on the card.. The card said commercial scan and tune from what I remember, I don't have it in front of me...It cost me 750 bucks so I'm pretty sure it is the correct license, how can I be sure? I bought it from a tuner but I believe it was drop shipped from EFI Live

joecar
January 30th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Dave, has Tech Support contacted you...?

Z06-Dave
January 30th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Dave, has Tech Support contacted you...?

No they have not...

Tordne
January 30th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Is the FlashScan Serial Number (press F4-F1-F1 on hand held) the same as on the Blue Card? If not can you please send the Serial Number and Auth Code to support@efilive.com?

These details can be obtained by going to the 'Help->FlashScan V2 VIN Licensing' option in the Tune Tool with FlashScan connected to your PC.

Z06-Dave
January 30th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Is the FlashScan Serial Number (press F4-F1-F1 on hand held) the same as on the Blue Card? If not can you please send the Serial Number and Auth Code to support@efilive.com?

These details can be obtained by going to the 'Help->FlashScan V2 VIN Licensing' option in the Tune Tool with FlashScan connected to your PC.

Just sent it to you..

joecar
January 30th, 2009, 11:01 AM
No they have not...Oh, I jumped the gun, sorry...:doh2:

Z06-Dave
February 10th, 2009, 11:49 AM
I had help for a while but it seems they forgot about me.. :help2:
I still cannot get it to work...

Tordne
February 10th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Sorry Dave,

Not forgotten about I assure you. It has been escalated to product development.

Cheers,

Z06-Dave
February 10th, 2009, 12:35 PM
OK, Also I should add, that I get the same error message whether or not I'm connected to the car, so I believe the issue is with the unit itself.

mr.prick
February 10th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Have you tried reinstalling the software or using another computer?

Z06-Dave
February 12th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Have you tried reinstalling the software or using another computer?

No, I spent $750 for the unit, I'm not spending 2 grand more for a new laptop...

Blacky
February 12th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I recommend sending the unit back to Ira at Fish Tuning (contact details here (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=38&Itemid=94)).
IRa will be able to determine if the unit is faulty or not and repair/replace it if it is.

Regards
Paul