PDA

View Full Version : I'm in deep now-

mysunnshine
January 29th, 2009, 05:41 PM
So I had a customer bring in his 02 Corvette with LTFT codes set(because of headers/exhaust/Cold air, etc.) and wanted me to get in there and fix that with some programming. So I got the program retrieved, saved, and licensed and since then have had running issues. Even after reloading the original program with the OS that I saved initially , it still will idle at 20:1 AF and after about a minute, it'll drop the AF slowly down to about 10:1. Anybody have any ideas what happened? The problem is that he had plans with the car for this weekend and I can't even get it back to the point where it was when he brought it to me.

The Alchemist
January 29th, 2009, 07:15 PM
scope the O2 voltages with EFILIVE and you will probably find that they are flat lined due to heat loss from the exhuast mods he has done. It doesn't mean that they are stuffed, just that they are not working. The standard O2's run a 6 to 8 ohm internal heater and rely on a certain amount of exhuast heat to keep them up to temp.
Fitting these exhuast mods typically requires the fitment of some O2's with a 2 to 4 ohm heater that run much hotter and will keep functioning under lower temp conditions. We have had good success with doing this :)
Take the car for a good run at 100km/hr and get some heat into the exhuast and you will probably find they kick back into life after 5 minutes or so just to prove a point.
Hope this helps,
Mike.

joecar
January 30th, 2009, 09:50 AM
mysunnshine (http://forum.efilive.com/member.php?u=8554), welcome to the forum...:)...hope you get his car back together.

Keep us posted.