PDA

View Full Version : Idle "hanging"

12sec.5.3
January 30th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Engine Runs and idles great so far. When at idle if I give it a rev, the idle comes back down to around 1600-1700 rpm and hangs there a while then slowly goes down to about 1100 then drops to my desired idle at 725. Anyone could tell me which file to correct this.
Also noticed driving in parking lots and such around at maybe 10 mph, rpms want to stay around 1000-1100 and kinda want to push the truck everywhere. I find this aggravating. I can come to a complete stop and let it come down to idle but when I take off again it's back idling high. Is that normal?

VEGASROBBI
January 30th, 2009, 02:12 PM
My Gen IV LH6 does the same thing. It's happy at idle but once it gets moving it will upshift to 2cd and slowley accelerate to about 10mph and stay there. I have to brake it down to a stop where it is happy again, aggravating.

It seems to be more pronounced since I increased the timing around idle, IM thinking of backing it off.

Ive read stuff relating to the throttle follower/VSS and DFCO but on the E38 I don't think its so easy to tune and I can live with it for now.

12sec.5.3
February 1st, 2009, 10:47 AM
ttt... Anybody?

mr.prick
February 1st, 2009, 10:53 AM
Idle tuning needs to be done.
RAFIG process (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5866&highlight=RAFIG)