PDA

View Full Version : efi live v4 vn v6 hiw do u read the info.

vnslider09
February 1st, 2009, 07:23 PM
ok got a couple questions, how do you read the info that the program gives you, im tring to figure out how rich my car is actually running but got no idea how to translate it.
with the adl program it says that my transmission is hot, ut seams to say that on my mates brand new gearbox as well, i was tring to see if i had any error codes but it gives me no clue what i need to fix.

and my dash for efi live dosnt work at all is there something im not doing?

thanks tim

macca_779
February 1st, 2009, 09:28 PM
Your LTFT (Long Term Fuel Trim) will give you a good idea about how your fuelling is going. -=rich +=lean.. But the trims soak it up anyway.. That's their job.

Can't help you on the other stuff as I don't use V4 but from memory I don't recall seeing any false fails on my VN V8 when I used to use it.

joecar
February 2nd, 2009, 08:13 AM
Tim, can you post some screenshots...

And welcome the the forum...:cheers:

vnslider09
February 2nd, 2009, 07:56 PM
yes i can get some screen shits but what screen shots do you want?

and thanks its good to actually be welcomed to a forum at last.

tim

joecar
February 3rd, 2009, 04:30 AM
yes i can get some screen shits but what screen shots do you want?

and thanks its good to actually be welcomed to a forum at last.

timScreenshots of the charts showing LTFT's (as Macca said) and other pids, and of the dash (maybe we can see why it's not working)...
I am not familiar with V4, so post screenshots of whichever data you would like to have interpreted.

Sometimes the moderators miss a few posts, some people slip by...:doh2:...sorry about that.

Cheers
Joe
:)

vnslider09
February 3rd, 2009, 09:07 PM
ok ille hook it up and post the screen shots. lol i wasnt meaning this forum was meaning the other forums that i have joined.

tim