PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle XML file for 1992 buick lesabre

MarkS
February 4th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I'm new to this world and looking for the best or closest xml file I can use for a 1992 Buick LeSabre Custom. The PCM is 16141470.

I willing to do some work to build one - if necessary - I am an IT developer and work with XML regularly. I'm just not sure where to start.

Any advice would help.

MarkS
February 4th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Also - I am only looking to read trouble codes and basic engine information - not doing any programming of the EPROM.

Blacky
February 4th, 2009, 06:16 PM
The data streams are defined in *.ds files available here:
ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/pub/gmecm/
Download the file ALDLstuff.zip

There is a word doc in that zip file that shows you the correct *.ds file for your application, based on engine size, 8th digit of VIN, year etc.

You should also take a look through the *.xml files that come with V4 and check if any are a close match to yours. Look in the "Edit->Vehicle" window.

See example screen shot.

P.S. You don't have to work with the xml directly, the software has a data stream editor built in.

Handy hint: when entering trouble codes of bit flags (8 at a time), it is a good idea to try and use the Ctrl+A and Ctrl+B paste options to copy all 8 rows at once. Look up how they work in the html doco.

Regards
Paul

MarkS
February 6th, 2009, 05:40 PM
OK - I'm making progress - but I have a question.

On the ALDL (F7) tab I only see 8 properties/measurements - even though many more are defined in the XML file. This is true whether or not the I am connected to the car's port.

On the DTC (F10) tab, I only see 8 DTC values.

Is this a limitation of the evaluation version, or am I missing something else.

Blacky
February 6th, 2009, 06:01 PM
OK - I'm making progress - but I have a question.

On the ALDL (F7) tab I only see 8 properties/measurements - even though many more are defined in the XML file. This is true whether or not the I am connected to the car's port.

On the DTC (F10) tab, I only see 8 DTC values.

Is this a limitation of the evaluation version, or am I missing something else.

Yes, its a limitation of the eval version. See the doco under: Release notes->Pro V's Eval.

Send me an email (paul@efilive.com) with the definition so far and I'll send you a Pro license so you can continue to develop the definition more easily.

Regards
Paul