PDA

View Full Version : First working AFM in a Gen IV swap

harascho
February 6th, 2009, 05:03 AM
I finally made it through..;-))

see: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=9960&page=2

GAMEOVER
February 6th, 2009, 06:35 AM
That's great....Sounds like it was a bunch of work...:)

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

joecar
February 6th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Good job Harald...:cheers::cheers::cheers:

VEGASROBBI
February 9th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Downloaded the 2WD tune from a Tahoe and AFM is enabling. I can accelerate slightly in AFM mode probably because my truck is so light, but I would like it to stay in longer.

Noise is acceptable, but has a slight vibration while in 4 cyl mode. It's not too annoying so I can live with it. I am using early small block mounts with adaptors since there is not room for the dampened mounts.

Thanks Ross and Harold:cheers:

harascho
February 9th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Robbie,
as soon as you do something correct it works. Now after all it wasn't that hard at all.
We still have to find a way for the rest of the swap crew to get the whole thing working with 4wd tunes in TCM and ECM..... we will see.

VEGASROBBI
February 10th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I believe the invalid 4 lo signal is affecting more than just AFM in the ECM/TCM 4WD tune.
Since switching to te 2WD tune my transmission kicks down and downshifts correctley(no changes to TCM); and the engine is more responsive with the same fuel and spark tables. Your right again Harold, for the 4WD tune to work it needs a valid 4 lo signal. Too bad it can't be done through just a hardwire?