PDA

View Full Version : Support for '06 LBZ with new dealer flash?

Boost
February 7th, 2009, 08:25 AM
I am unable to re-tune a customer's truck since his dealer reflash for an EGR replacement. The tech tells me that this is a fairly new reflash and in cycles the EGR motor when the ignition is opened. The message I get is something about operating system and right after that something about range error check. This truck ran great and I never had any problems tuning it or any of the other dozens of LBZs for that matter. My guess is the new calibration# is not supported by the software? I would really appreciate help in this matter asap. Was wondering if downloading 7.5.5 or even the 8.1 would help but I noticed both of those are months old. Please help, thanks. :confused:

Boost
February 7th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I have 7.5.3 build 36 so is there hope for me? Thanks! :cheers:

8100 Power
February 7th, 2009, 11:28 AM
I would say you need to update to the latest version of EFILive.

Boost
February 8th, 2009, 12:45 AM
To be more specific I would like to confirm that version 7.5.5 has added new calibrations for the LBZ over 7.5.3 please. Anyone?

2500HeavyDuty
February 8th, 2009, 06:04 AM
December 15, 2008: EFILive announces latest update

EFILive is pleased to release our latest update which now includes the functionality to perform a full reflash on the 06 LLY, LBZ and LMM Bosch ECM's.

thats a new up date that did with the new version.

GMPX
February 8th, 2009, 10:39 AM
If you mean the new OS 12632483, support was added for that back in late December. If you update to the latest version you should be fine.

Cheers,
Ross

Boost
February 9th, 2009, 12:56 AM
I am pretty sure it will work with the update, I've just been out of the loop for a while. I appreciate the responses and info.

ScarabEpic22
February 10th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Its understandable man, EFILive is now doing all updates via an automatic update system. Once you have downloaded the version from the main download page and installed them, go Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5 [and V8] ->Tools->Check for Updates. Follow the instructions to download the latest updates and you should be good!

Boost
February 16th, 2009, 12:57 AM
No luck after the update. :confused: I still need your help please.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=87607#post87607