PDA

View Full Version : Error after first scan

dlandsvZ28
February 8th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Finally got laptop to read my 1998 Z28 PCM. Out of frustration in not getting it to work have been using LSedit while EFI has stayed in its box.

Bear in mind this was three years ago. Even though others with their laptop could read my PCM and I could read and upload using LSedit I kept getting boot loader errors using the tuner - the scanner would not connect either. Even sent files to Blacky. He sent me a new cable. It did not work.

The issue appeared to be USB related because I could scan with V6. At the time I uninstalled and reinstalled the current versions at the time as well as the more recent USB drivers.

Move forward to yesterday. A Camaro owner was going to read my PCM with HP tuners and also see if he could read my PCM using my EFI cable. He could with his laptop.

His suggestion - download the latest version of Net Framework. I did and as soon as it started it initiated a repair.

After the repair completed I attempted one more time to make a read of my PCM with my laptop. I thought - might as well humor myself one more time - can't hurt to try something.

Bingo - It read the first time (in three years) and at highspeed. Meaning I can now use both the scanner and tuner.

So why would a version of net framework fix a apparent software issue on my laptop three years back - I have no idea.

Now - my second issue.

When I view my tune that was downloaded today I get this error message when viewing the tune.

I want to enable B3801 - appears that the last tuner disabled it. But I don't want to attempt to upload the fix until it is clear that these two errors won't be uploaded back into the pcm overwriting some correct parameters.

Any suggestions how to fix or what parameters to insert for these two errors.

Note I did a clean install of vers 7.5 and also installed the update immediately after.

This the error message:

Out of Range calibration summary: 03:18:15 pm, Sunday Feb 08, 2009
Engine Calibration.Spark.General
{B5944} Spark IAT vs ECT Multiplier, contained one or more out of range values when loaded.
Engine Diagnostics
{C6001} Engine DTC Processing Enablers, contained one or more out of range values when loaded.

Thanks in advance

duwayne

joecar
February 9th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Hi Duwayne,

.net framework installs a bunch of stuff (even stuff not directly related to it) so it probably overwrote a previously broken file.

The out-of-range (OOR) errors on B5944 and C6001 means that those tables contain value outside of what the PCM allows/expects...
when the EFILive tunetool sees OOR values it displays the closer of min or max for those OOR cells...

to fix this, do the following:
- for each OOR table listed, click on the table id (in blue) to goto that table,
- in that table you will see the OOR cells marked blue dog-ear corners,
- take note of the values displayed in the OOR cells, and take note of which cells,
- enter min+1 or max-1 in each of the OOR cells, do this for all OOR tables,
- save the file (do Save As and use a new name),
- exit the tunetool,
- reopen the tunetool,
- go to those same tables, and in those cells you edited now enter the values you noted,
- save file.

You are now good to go on with any other edits you may have.

Let us know how you go.

Regards
Joe
:)