PDA

View Full Version : Do NOt have permission.

ViciousKnid
February 8th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Before I purchased EFI live from my friend I had him calibrate my speedometer for my tire size. I later purchased the V2 from him and started doing my own tuning. I now have a COS3 installed and I just installed some 4.11 gears. Today when I tried to update my Gear ratio it said I do not have permission to write to that file.

I'm at work so I'll get the specific message in a bout an hour when I get off. but I'm wondering what I need to do to fix this problem.

I can make the change and click Apply, but as soon as i try to close that window, that's when i get the message.

ViciousKnid
February 8th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I'll check to see if it is some how a PC issue, but I'm the admin on my laptop and I don't have any restrictions set up.

Tordne
February 8th, 2009, 09:44 PM
The first thing I would suggest checking is if the file is marked as read only (possible if copied from a CD for instance)? This is don't by getting the properties of the file? There is nothing else I can think of that would cause EFILive not to be able to write to the file with your changes :nixweiss:.

ViciousKnid
February 9th, 2009, 10:16 AM
that's what I was thinking too but didn't think about checking it at the time cuz I had to go to work.
Just tried on my desktop and it worked.

Weird tho that it's just the file that is used for the speedo. I can do all the other tuning and saving all day long.