Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: trailblazer ss tuning?

Default trailblazer ss tuning-update, got some track time

Im having some trouble figuring out why the throttle response is so bad on this thing. i notice when i chop the throttle it goes to -10 degrees of timing for a second and then eases into normal timing, i cant figure out what part of the tune does this. any help is welcome, im new to gasser tuning.
    Last edited by hot-dog; March 14th, 2009 at 02:08 AM.

is it in the p.e tables?

Lifetime Member

It's not just one part of the tune that screws with the timing on these things. I wish I could be of some help but, I haven't messed with it in a while and can't remember off the top of my head which tables to look into.

I'll try to go through my tune tomorrow and give you some ideas.

i have already played with allot of b0515 with no help, i tried playing with pe delay stuff and that seemed to help a little, tomorrow i will try 0ing b2522 and maxing out 2517...

im tuning this car for my mom and i was honestly a little disapointed with the performance being it has an ss badge on it! the throttle response is just lame. also any pointers on how to make it a bit faster would be appreciated. i dont think i understand the spark tables well enough to mess with them yet, but im sure some power could be had with a little timing?

im new to tuning gassers so be easy on me, its allot different then tuning a duramax, less to play with and less room for error...

Post up your tune...
    and data log....
    Any Mods?
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by hot-dog View Post
    Im having some trouble figuring out why the throttle response is so bad on this thing. i notice when i chop the throttle it goes to -10 degrees of timing for a second and then eases into normal timing, i cant figure out what part of the tune does this. any help is welcome, im new to gasser tuning.
    This sounds like burst knock retard function. i.e. predictive retard to minimise/eliminate knock on rapid throttle opening.

To echo Gameover: are you logging etc?

There are a ton of negative cells on the left hand side of the timing table, its probably hitting those if you are seeing this from a dig and you are just matting it.
    Chris White
    www.GTOShiftLight.com
    2006 Spice Red A4 GTO
    2009 3LZ Z06
    2012 Jeep SRT8
    2013 SRX Premium
    2013 XTS Platinum

Someone told me once on a LS1 , which may be different , that setting minimum spark advance to a positive number would stop this , from factory it is -10* , so I have been told .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

alright i figured the burst knock out and got rid of the torque manegment and it responds allot better. but i still have a few questions, for one it feels like it realy just lugs and makes a bunch of noise untill it gets into the higher revs, is this normal for a performance gas engine with a (bone stock other then intake/exhaust) or is there some limiting factors that make it feel this way? also it feels like the first half of the pedal does all the work and the second half just makes a bunch of noise until it revs out, once again i drive a diesel, i don't know if this is just how it is or if its in the tuning? in general it feels like it has no nuts (relatively speaking compared to upper rpm power) until the rpms are screamin, so i guess im just asking if this is limiting in the tune or just the normal powerband for this engine?

also, i added 2 degrees to pretty much the entire spark table, is this ok? the timing is still pretty mild, but i dont know how much it affects afr and i don't have a wb02 to tell me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast