Thread: Pontiac G8 remote start not working

Default Pontiac G8 remote start not working

OS 12634402
    Cal 12624488

I performed the fan patch

Car runs fine but no remote start. Any have any ideas? No codes and remote start is enabled in the tune. Only mods to the car is exhaust and cold air.

Ken

I just put the stock tune in and the remote start works. So there is an issue with the tune. But I didn't change anything related so could be a software issue.

Ken

Ken, we recently added in remote start PID's to the scantool so people could see why the ECM wouldn't allow it to work. You might need to retry then if the remote start is still not working log the Remote Start Disable reasons PID and it should point you in the right direction.
    You will need to be running the latest software version as the PID's were only recently added.

Also, Remote start seems to stop working when any DTC's are set, you'll need to check that too.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Ken, we recently added in remote start PID's to the scantool so people could see why the ECM wouldn't allow it to work. You might need to retry then if the remote start is still not working log the Remote Start Disable reasons PID and it should point you in the right direction.
    You will need to be running the latest software version as the PID's were only recently added.

Also, Remote start seems to stop working when any DTC's are set, you'll need to check that too.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Ross, are there any E85 specific PID's apart from SAE.E85R Ethanol %?, and the GM Equivalent GM.E85PCT?

Thanks & Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    Ross, are there any E85 specific PID's apart from SAE.E85R Ethanol %?, and the GM Equivalent GM.E85PCT?

Thanks & Cheers!
    I don't remember Ian without firing up the software myself, what specifically were you after?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

I don't remember Ian without firing up the software myself, what specifically were you after?
    The BBL PID list is getting very comprehensive, but on E85 I dont know what is available vs what you guys have already added into the PID list, so I will make some guesses on what GM may or may not have included:

Title: E85 Status:

E85 Ethanol % learned this ignition cycle y/n
    E85 Learn Complete y/n
    E85 Learn In Progress y/n
    E85 Learn not commenced reason: reason 1, 2, 3, x...
    E85 Fuel level increased, run new learn cycle. y/n
    E85 Time until learn cycle runs
    E85 Ready to learn
    E85 Learn Cycle Failed reason: 1, 2, 3, x...
    E85 Learn Commanded Open Loop y/n
    E85 Learn LTFT Commanded Off/On
    E85 Learn STFT Commanded Off/On
    E85 Spark
    E85 PE Commanded Fuel Factor

Just guesses of possibilities based on other BBL diagnostic PIDs and the outlines in the VFS patent doc.

They may be there somewhere, maybe not. Dont ask, wont find...

Thankyou!

Cheers,
    Ross
    Thanks Ross. Downloading now. he's coming back today.

First off, he did have 2 DTC's when it wasn't working. After I fixed that I didn't retry, so maybe it's already fixed.

If it's not, what is the output of this remote start PID? Will it be a number code of some sort?