Thread: Delivered and Requested torque outputs?

Default Delivered and Requested torque outputs?

Is it possible in any way to get the LLY ECM to output and receive the PWM torque signals? The same style E40 ECM used in the 5.3 trailblazers and stuff has the outputs/inputs and supports them. I compared pinouts between the E40 and LLY ECM's, and the delivered and requested torque wires on the E40 are shown as "unused" on the LLY ECM...

Just wondering because I thought it would be fun to add stability control on a dmax. The EBCM's all use the old-skool delivered and requested torque PWM wires to ask for torque reductions rather than a data signal.

ALSO. If the LLY ECM cant be configured to use these outputs.....is there a way to fake the EBCM into thinking there is an engine there...but its only producing minimum torque all the time? Like build some sort of 5 volt PWM driver to feed it a 25% duty cycle so it thinks you're at idle all the time? Or just loop the deleivered and requested together so it feeds into itself? Hmmm...

dont ask why or "dont you know how to drive, people have been fine without VSES for 100 years", I just thought it would be a fun project...

ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Lifetime Member

Why wasent it desinged with torque models in the first place. That would make tuning defuel so much easier with just a percentage in the torque reduced.

Plus the torque modeling would seem like it would be really accurate becuase a diesel controls fuel and not air so it would seem like the PCM would know almost exactly how much toque the engine was making.

Quote Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
    Why wasent it desinged with torque models in the first place. That would make tuning defuel so much easier with just a percentage in the torque reduced.

Plus the torque modeling would seem like it would be really accurate becuase a diesel controls fuel and not air so it would seem like the PCM would know almost exactly how much toque the engine was making.
    the ECM doesnt use the outputs in the factory configuration because it does defueling and torque/TPS signals to the transmission control module via a J1939 CAN bus instead of over desired/delivered torque PWM wires.

ben
    12.9s @ 108 mph

anyone else?
    12.9s @ 108 mph

bump.
    12.9s @ 108 mph

Ben, though the cases might be the same the internals of the E40, LLY ECM, P12, P05 computers are quite different.
    I don't think there is any code in the LLY ECM to process and output or receive the torque PWM signals, and no, I won't add them

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Ben, though the cases might be the same the internals of the E40, LLY ECM, P12, P05 computers are quite different.
    I don't think there is any code in the LLY ECM to process and output or receive the torque PWM signals, and no, I won't add them

Cheers,
    Ross
    ahhh well it was worth a shot.

maybe Ill build a little PWM driver and see if I cant fake out the stabilitrak EBCM...

thanks Ross
    Ben
    12.9s @ 108 mph