Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serial V2 questions

Try checking it then unchecking it.
    What step are you on?
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    Try checking it then unchecking it.
    What step are you on?
    How to program new firmware into Flashscan:

I printed out thedirections from...efilive bbl release October 31 2008
    00 GMC,LQ4, Jarrett Faggart pistons, callies rods, Ebay studs, LS9 gaskets, 317's, KBRacing KIT, PT76/75, treadstone intercooler,Eboost2, dual walbro, FIC 75lb, br7ef, Trutrac, Shaftmasters Shaft, 3.5" DP w/4" magnaflow dumped, turbo blanket, Circle D 3200, Jake's built 4l80w/brake, hydroboost, EFILive v2,Lunati dual springs,222/226 cam, cal-tracs, QA1 front shocks, Street/strip Bogarts,Drum swap, Alky-control,MSD8733 936 HP to the tire DD.

Lifetime Member

I made it through. I have the following installed...

Bootblock version 2.05.08
    bootblock date apr 25 08
    firmware version 2.06.06
    firmware date dec 14 08
    I could not get the dec 15 08 version to take?

Should I upgrade further???

Thanks for all the help guys.
    00 GMC,LQ4, Jarrett Faggart pistons, callies rods, Ebay studs, LS9 gaskets, 317's, KBRacing KIT, PT76/75, treadstone intercooler,Eboost2, dual walbro, FIC 75lb, br7ef, Trutrac, Shaftmasters Shaft, 3.5" DP w/4" magnaflow dumped, turbo blanket, Circle D 3200, Jake's built 4l80w/brake, hydroboost, EFILive v2,Lunati dual springs,222/226 cam, cal-tracs, QA1 front shocks, Street/strip Bogarts,Drum swap, Alky-control,MSD8733 936 HP to the tire DD.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slowrc View Post
    I made it through. I have the following installed...

Bootblock version 2.05.08
    bootblock date apr 25 08
    firmware version 2.06.06
    firmware date dec 14 08
    I could not get the dec 15 08 version to take?

Should I upgrade further???

Thanks for all the help guys.
    WOoPs, wrong boot block, now I have...
    Bootblock version 2.06.02
    bootblock date oct 16 08
    firmware version 2.06.06
    firmware date dec 14 08

FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Now with EE, under the config tab, copy the pmm files from
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EFILive\V8\Config
    to the V2.
    LC-1 WBO2

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    Now with EE, under the config tab, copy the pmm files from
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EFILive\V8\Config
    to the V2.
    Be very specific. How do i get all those files to the V2. I have not researched the bbl stuff much, I just wanted to get serial wb. Tell me more about this connfig please

You can drag and drop them, or copy and paste them.
    Hold ctrl to be able to select more than one.
    You can install them all or the ones you want/need.

LOL I`m not sure if they are necessary for pass through, but they are for BBL.
    LC-1 WBO2

You got the firmware/bootblock upgraded sucessfully, good job...

To configure V2, as mr.prick said, drag and drop from within EE...
    Quote Originally Posted by Upgrade document
    Configure FlashScan and/or AutoCal for BB logging:

1. Using the EFILive_Explorer program, select the [Config Files] tab page. The explorer view in the top half of the window will automatically display the folder continaing the *.pmm and Options.tst files.
    2. If you have both FlashSCan and AutoCal connected to you PC, select the device you want to configure, by checking one of the FlashScan or AutoCal radio buttons in the lower right corner.
    3. Click the [Format] button to format the Config File system in FlashScan or AutoCal’s flash memory.
    When loading beta test updates, you SHOULD reformat the Config file system to ensure no incompatible files remain.
    4. Click and drag ALL files from the Config folder in the top half of the window to the [Config Files] tab page in the lower half of the window.
    Hint: hold down the Ctrl key (or Shift key) on the PC keyboard to select multiple files and then drag all highlighted files to the [Config Files] tab page.
    The Config file system is only about 1Mb in size. If you attempt to copy too many files or files that are too large, then the copy will fail. Make sure the only files that exist in the config folder are files that were extracted from the downloaded zip file. Sometimes files from older releases are left in the config folder, they should be deleted.
    Also, goto the Scan tab and the folder C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Scan and copy the .dtc files.

More hints...
    Using BB Logging:

Before you can log any data you must format the Data File system. The Data File system and the Config File system (that you formatted earlier) are kept in different areas of the flash memory. You can safely format one without affecting the other. You can only format the Config File system using a PC and the EFILive Explorer program. That prevents you from accidentally erasing the configuration files while "out on the road".

FlashScan supports two Data File systems: An internal flash memory chip which can hold about 2.7Mb of data and an external SD Card that can hold between 64Mb and 2Gb.

To format the internal Data File system, press Ctrl+Backspace, then use the left/right arrow keys to change the File sys: setting to Internal and press OK, then to format the Internal file system, select: F4 Options -> F2 File System -> F3 Format File Sys.

To format the SD Card File system, press Ctrl+Backspace, then use the left/right arrow keys to change the File sys: setting to SD Card and press OK, then to format the Internal file system, select: F4 Options -> F2 File System -> F3 Format File Sys.

You can also format the SD card using a PC card reader. Select the FAT32 (or just FAT) file system when formatting the SD Card via a PC. If you do that, you must create two folders on the SD Card:
    \EFILive\V7\Scan (which will contain the BB logging files)
    \EFILive\V7\Tune (which will contain the tuning files)

WARNING:
    NEVER insert or remove the SD Card while Black Box Logging is in progress (or any other operation that writes data to the SD card), you will lose some or all of the data stored in the internal flash memory and/or data stored on the SD Card.
    The blue LED on FlashScan’s keypad will illuminate whenever FlashScan is writing data to internal or external flash memory. Note: the blue LED will only illuminate when the LED Mode is set to “S” (Status).

1. Using FlashScan's keypad select F1 Select PIDs, then select the desired vehicle controller by using the up and down arrow keys, then Ok to select the desired controller.
    You can also set up hotkeys to quickly select one of four preset PID lists.
    2. Once you have selected a vehicle, FlashScan will return to the main menu.
    Select: F2 Scan Tool -> F1 Data Logging.
    Select F1 Record Data to begin recording, or F2 Display Data to display live data without recording.
    You can also just press the 0 key to start logging.
    3. Pressing Ok during data logging will toggle pause on/off, the same as using Ctrl+Spacebar in the PC based Scan Tool Software.
    4. Use the up and down arrow keys to reveal more PIDs.
    Use the Left and Right arrow keys to scroll up and down a page at a time.
    (Hint: When held down for more than about a 1/2 second, the keys will "auto-repeat" just like a PC keyboard.)
    5. Pressing F1..F4 and Ctrl+F1..Ctrl+F4 will insert the notes 1 thru 8 into the recorded data.
    6. Pressing Enter will toggle between Metric and Custom units.
    7. Pressing Ctrl+Enter will toggle between small and large text display.
    8. Pressing Ctrl+DownArrow, will toggle “inverse screen” on/off. Inverting the screen can help visibility in direct sunlight.
    Please check EFILive's FlashScan BB Logging Beta Forum for updates, hints, tips and tricks that are not described in this Readme_First.rtf file.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast