Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air-Fuel Ratio Monitors

Just remember that there are 2 parts to the TE set up that I have. There is the TE 2J1 Wide Band controller and a separate LA1 gauge. You can use the 2J1 with the V2 either via the serial interface or the analogue line without having the LA1. You cannot run an LA1 without one of the TE WB controllers though.

Simon.

Finally getting started tuning gas and wondering what everyone's opinion of this is http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...cat=262&page=1

I would like to use it from vehicle to vehicle and dont want to spend a ton of money (yet). Just want some to hook up to V2 and get the correct afr number.

Lifetime Member

I have had excellent results with the innovate... and the difference has been a +-.2 afr at most on my dyno... that was using different sensors, so I can't really attest it to the controller....

In the end... you do NOT tune to a specific AFR. You tune to what works at the moment.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    I use a Tech Edge 2J1 and also now run an LA1 gauge via a serial splitter. When comparing the TE to a commercial unit on a dyno, the results are very close. The LA1 gauge is actually a lot easier to read than the V2 and due to the analogue scale, is able to display spikes better than the V2. here's a short video of the LA1 and the V2 working together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCDSMmRMtTM

Sid, the TE 2J1 unit is designed to be permanently mounted in an engine bay, so is a fairly rugged unit. It has both serial and analogue outputs, the analogue signal is possibly more accurate than others due to it being ground referenced to the V2. Many other "low cost" units do not ground reference their analogue signals, leaving them susceptible to drift.

Simon.
    I also have one of these and have compared it to 2 x Autronic $xxxx units (one I use everyday on the dyno) and it is very accurate for the price. Ive also got a SM-AFR PLX that ive modded for serial and it was quite good but gave me grief at times and it lives in the cupboard now.

Definately worth looking at.

Jez

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12