Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cannot merge calibrations with operating system file

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SESAP View Post
    Hello Folks, I am having a similar problem as stated above. First off I must say I only use EFI Live on my personal trucks so my experience with this nature of problem is limited. Next I bought a wrecked 2007 2500 Silverado and had the damage fixed (nothing with engine ecu's etc etc). The truck before I acquired it had the egr delete and turbo back exhaust installed. My assumption is someone has had a "plug and play" tuner to delete egr related issues, and that tuner was removed before the insurance company totaled the truck. My problems now are that I need to update the ecm for the egr delete but when I try to download either with 7.5 or 8 I get "Merge file: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Merge\M~~.cmz not found" I hadnt used my software in about 6 months so I made sure all was up to date and updated firmware then software 7.5 then software 8 then firmware again then double checked that all were current in updates. What my next step? I'm sure it going to be something simple stupid that I'm overlooking.

Thank You
    The ECM should contain a 2 character code should match the last two characters of one of the base filenames in the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Merge
    Unfortunately, the ECM actually contains the two characters "~~" - which represents deleted/corrupt data in the ECM. The ECM is either modified or damaged in such a way that EFILive cannot determine which base file to use. It may need to be returned to stock by the original tuner or you may be able to reflash it (using EFILive) with a known good stock file.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I should be able to come up with a stock file A quick question for LBZ is are there multiple operating systems and can I find out which one I have by ecm numbers or vin. Re flashing with previous tuner will be all but impossible as this truck was bought at auction. Thanks for the help

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SESAP View Post
    I should be able to come up with a stock file A quick question for LBZ is are there multiple operating systems and can I find out which one I have by ecm numbers or vin. Re flashing with previous tuner will be all but impossible as this truck was bought at auction. Thanks for the help
    Use EFILive V8 ->[F4: OBD]->[Auto Detect]->[Retrieve All Information]
    That should list all the relevant information (that hasn't been deleted/corrupted) about the ECM and TCM. If you can find a stock tune with a matching Operating System number then you could try to flash that in.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks I will start my hunt for a file and try it

Lifetime Member

Worst case, I imagine GM SPS could flash the correct stock file in, if you have access to it and/or cannot find an appropriate base file. The larger tuner shops can provide you a base file for a nominal fee, might be a good option.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I retrieved info from ecm and If im looking at this right its showing a LMM op system in an 07 truck

Main Operating System 12628594-

well problem fixed without reflashing new file DUMBASS me was downloading e35a not (B) for Lmm thanks for all your help Im up and going now

Thanks Again I figured it was something simple stupid that I messed up

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123