Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gm

I know of dealers in Melbourne that are having cars reflashed at sale along with exhausts, cold air intakes.These are NEW cars, work that out the warranty guy?
    SShane

The attitude in Australia is very different to the US, I know of a dealer in Sydney that was offering new cars with everything from cold air intakes to turbo kits with full warranty retained.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Time for me to move to Australia.
    2015 Z06 A8

Quote Originally Posted by Chalky View Post
    Time for me to move to Australia.
    I've been saying that for YEEEEARS now, unfortunately well... yeah LOL
    Chris White
    www.GTOShiftLight.com
    2006 Spice Red A4 GTO
    2009 3LZ Z06
    2012 Jeep SRT8
    2013 SRX Premium
    2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    The attitude in Australia is very different to the US, I know of a dealer in Sydney that was offering new cars with everything from cold air intakes to turbo kits with full warranty retained.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Damn!!! Are you serious? That's nuts...
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

So Auto Dealer's(in Australia) are actually competition for Tuning workshop's or Tuner's...
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Dealers in the UK fit superchargers, exhaust and tunes. They probably go futher than anywhere else with mods..

BUT it doesnt stop Vauxhall refusing warranty claims for transmissions etc.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Ok, i talked to the gm rep when he was at the dealership the other day. He said that any programing even if it is back to stock will void the powertrain warranty. It will also void any other warranty if determind the after market program caused the problem.

I know its kind of stupid but that came straight from the gm warranty auditer and the rep. Gm is cracking down on all warranty. Makes my job hard as a tech.

Someone needs to demonstrate to these warranty reps that some factory released tunes have a lot of knock activity, then retune with no knock and dare them to void your warranty!

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ive rebuilt a few lo k engines into strokers etc and when measuring pistons there can be 10 tho difference between them and im talking less than 20000km. And there worried about us tuning them !!.we probably save more engines than we damage id reckon.........Mind you i had a customer of mine with a 700 turbo clubby ,was contacted by holden last week and offered extended warranty he laughed at them and declined..(If they only knew lol)
    Shane

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12