Thread: Setting an LBZ to defuel during shift?

Default Setting an LBZ to defuel during shift?

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if there is a way to program the 6 speed Allison with the LBZ to defuel during the shift for running higher powered tunes? If so are there any ins and outs to doing so, or recommendations on how much to cut back? Thanks for any help guys!

Go into your transmission tune and find tables D5194 and D5195, If you increase the the percentage on the maximum your defuel will make a great impact on your shifts. Stock defuel is at 89% dont know how much more you want to cut back without drastically affecting the shift "driveability"
    07 El Bee Zee
    Little faster than stock...

Quote Originally Posted by LBZoom View Post
    Hey guys,
    I was wondering if there is a way to program the 6 speed Allison with the LBZ to defuel during the shift for running higher powered tunes? If so are there any ins and outs to doing so, or recommendations on how much to cut back? Thanks for any help guys!
    The shifts are already defuled, and most of it's actually in the ECM; the TCM just tells the ECM "I'm going to shift" and the ECM defuels based on the defueling tables.

Quote Originally Posted by DmaxHawk View Post
    Go into your transmission tune and find tables D5194 and D5195, If you increase the the percentage on the maximum your defuel will make a great impact on your shifts. Stock defuel is at 89% dont know how much more you want to cut back without drastically affecting the shift "driveability"
    Does that do anything? It's supposedly for the 8.1L gas engine only.

Yes it does do something. I have mine all the way to 0% and there is a big difference between89 and 0
    07 El Bee Zee

Okay,
    thanks for the info guys, one more question though...What would you recommend for a stock trans running around the 400hp mark? Would you leave it at 89% to save some wear and tear, or reduce it some to speed up the shift and make it feel a little firmer?

Yes it does do something. I have mine all the way to 0% and there is a big difference between89 and 0
    I've never altered those tables...Have you done any logging to see any differences?
    2007 CC/SB 4WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SD Sleeves, SoCal Diesel

2002 CC/DRW 2WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SoCal Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by The Neens View Post
    I've never altered those tables...Have you done any logging to see any differences?

No I havent. Which tables do you alter?
    07 El Bee Zee

make sure you match the the D5196 table in the TCM tune to the B1115 table in the ECM tune...this can be done with the transposition function in EFI Live for your convenience. This is the only method of controlling defuel i'm aware of for the LBZ/Allison. When you're modifying the defuel, there are a lot of tables that you need to check between the ECM and TCM tunes. Tables such as B1118 and B1119 could be changed too. 400 hp is not a lot above stock, so you'd be fine leaving the defuel at stock, or maybe adjusting your torque tables up a little bit to allow more power. You're going to be joining "team borrowed time" before long with your tranny

No I havent. Which tables do you alter?
    I modify D5196-5197...
    2007 CC/SB 4WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SD Sleeves, SoCal Diesel

2002 CC/DRW 2WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SoCal Diesel