Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adding Turbo Hiss

Default Adding Turbo Hiss

I actually Like the Turbo Hiss at Idle and want to make it Louder.

I saw the Thread a few Down, and saw how to get Rid of the Hiss, so I just basically Reversed everything.

In the Tables (B2210-B2215) I made the RPM 300-800 & mm3 0-20 Values 100%.

Then in Tables (B2222-B2224) again, I made the RPM 300-800 & mm3 0-20 Values 100%.

Is this all I need to do?

And this won't Hurt anything right?

Leaky intake and exhaust manifolds will help.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

K, I'll Back each Bolt Out a Turn.

Now...how about a Reply that'll actually Help.
    James

2007 Silverado 2500HD Classic CCSB LBZ...Performance Mods - EFI Live - By DuramaxTuner / Corsa 4" Catless DownPipe-Back Exhaust/Injen-Amsoil Intake (Resonator-less)/EGR Blocker/TTS Dual LP's/BD Manifold/Diamond Eye DownPipe/Tony's PCV Re-Route Kit/Banks 3" IC Pipe/AFE Bladerunner Elbow/Suncoast GMAX-6 & 1054/Grid Heater Delete.

Make sure you have your maximum tables to 100% or they will limit how much the vanes will go

Thats pretty much all you gotta do

No damage other than longer cool down times for the EGTs
    07 El Bee Zee
    Little faster than stock...

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Maxx View Post
    I actually Like the Turbo Hiss at Idle and want to make it Louder.

I saw the Thread a few Down, and saw how to get Rid of the Hiss, so I just basically Reversed everything.

In the Tables (B2210-B2215) I made the RPM 300-800 & mm3 0-20 Values 100%.

Then in Tables (B2222-B2224) again, I made the RPM 300-800 & mm3 0-20 Values 100%.

Is this all I need to do?

And this won't Hurt anything right?
    Im almost positive your engine will never cool down..... Good luck getting it below 300* after a run. Matter of fact it will stay warm for a LONG TIME with the vanes closed that much.

With that much backpressure, im sure it will also ramp up the fuel rate due to the engine being sluggish so the exhaust fumes will probably burn your eyes.

Give it a try and tell us what happens.

I just brought my percentages down to 40% I think---actually it might have been 20% to help it cool off quicker when im ready to shut it down.

EGT's im speaking of

As for the 06lbz--I believe the maximum percentage is 85% if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by CATdiezel View Post
    Im almost positive your engine will never cool down..... Good luck getting it below 300* after a run. Matter of fact it will stay warm for a LONG TIME with the vanes closed that much.

With that much backpressure, im sure it will also ramp up the fuel rate due to the engine being sluggish so the exhaust fumes will probably burn your eyes.

Give it a try and tell us what happens.

I just brought my percentages down to 40% I think---actually it might have been 20% to help it cool off quicker when im ready to shut it down.

EGT's im speaking of

As for the 06lbz--I believe the maximum percentage is 85% if I remember correctly.

It does take a long time to cool off but it will get to 300. fumes are not that bad. I had my vanes set at 99 at one point.

20% is a good place to have them i think. it sounds good and it cools down faster
    07 El Bee Zee

Quote Originally Posted by DmaxHawk View Post
    It does take a long time to cool off but it will get to 300. fumes are not that bad. I had my vanes set at 99 at one point.

20% is a good place to have them i think. it sounds good and it cools down faster
    So you upped yours to 20 rather than the 10% you recommended in another Thread?
    James

2007 Silverado 2500HD Classic CCSB LBZ...Performance Mods - EFI Live - By DuramaxTuner / Corsa 4" Catless DownPipe-Back Exhaust/Injen-Amsoil Intake (Resonator-less)/EGR Blocker/TTS Dual LP's/BD Manifold/Diamond Eye DownPipe/Tony's PCV Re-Route Kit/Banks 3" IC Pipe/AFE Bladerunner Elbow/Suncoast GMAX-6 & 1054/Grid Heater Delete.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Maxx View Post
    So you upped yours to 20 rather than the 10% you recommended in another Thread?

No I didnt, I said that '20% is a good place to have them I think'. I still have them at 10%. I tested them at 20 and i liked the way it sounded, plus it will cool off pretty fast since they are still pretty open.
    07 El Bee Zee

Oh ok.
    James

I suppose this would be no worse than leaving he exhaust brake on at idle....

One positive note about THAT much vane closure would be instant warm up time.

Wouldnt want that in the summer but to each his own I suppose.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast