Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: resized injectors

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by hquick View Post
    I've found the Voltage/Kpa offset makes a HUGE difference and can go from full rich to full lean decel depending on my numbers in that table. I can also adjust idle AFR's via the SPA table.
    I had the same experience with the Small Pulse Adder and idle AFR. Small adjustments make a big difference.

I also believe you are correct that the voltage/Kpa table has an effect on rich decel. Are you primarily adjusting V/Kpa at the lower MAP/higher vacuum values that you hit on decel? If so, do you see/feel a transition spike going from decel to on throttle situations? Don't you think some of the rich decel issue has to be addressed in VE too?

I can see more tail-chasing if global changes are made to the V/Kpa table and on throttle AFR gets lean too.

The voltage offset table will have a big effect on decel, since it is a larger portion of the commanded pulsewidth. Since the small pulse adder is usually active in these areas as well as min pulse width etc you could end up adjusting the offsets for the wrong reasons.
    I also believe that transient fuelling settings can still be active to add to the confusion.
    The Tremor at AIR

Wow, i never knew i had to change all this...

I change my stock Tahoe injectors for LS2 injectors..

I changed the small pulse, IFR and Voltage...Is there anything else i should give attention to?
    It is difficult going from ECM to PCM configuration since they use different values...
    American Muscle, European Design, Japanese Tactics

I have a set of Bosch EV14 flowing 624cc at 58 psi fuel rail pressure that I replaced a set of Multec II 44 lb/hr shorties with. It has taken a while to tune but they seem to be working very well and appear to be very consistent from bank to bank. They are out of a 2005 vette LS2 so I borrowed some tables from a vette file and set my IFR to a flat 7.56250 g/s. They work every bit as well as the Multec II and feel even better from a seat of the pants point of view. I am sure they are not perfectly tuned yet and I will have to keep climbing the learning curve, but I am very happy with the injectors and Jon's service.

One question I have is the injector timing in my tune is in ms and it is in degrees in the vette file. It is also the inverse of my tune. Is there a way to translate this between the tunes and is it worth doing?

I used the small pulse adjustment from the vette tune. The scale is different so I had to fudge it as best I could figure it out. Also it seems that the settings changed a little bit on their own after I saved the file. Magic I guess...LOL, not sure why that happened.

I also used the voltage correction from the 80 kPa row from the vette file and ran it from the top to bottom of my table. I am sure this is a guess on my part but felt it would be better than the stock values in my tune. My truck has a FPR on the fuel rail and a return fuel system and the 05 should have a returnless fuel system with a constant fuel pressure regulator in the tank. I am sure the settings I put in this table also changed just a little after I saved the file as well. I guess they have to meet some parameters set in the tune.

The same with the minimum injector pulse width, changed a little after saving.

These injectors ran very lean on start up and I had to do some AutoVe to get everything working nicely. I run COS3 and OLSD. Also the boost VE was way too rich and caused several P1514 codes. Seems to be fine now after I lowered the BoostVE. IDC is 79~80% vs 114% with the Multec IIs . Now to try turning up the wick a little. May have to have these re-sized again.

Still very much a work in progress.
    2003 Silverado 1500HD LT 4WD 6.0V CCSB,
    '05 LQ4, Cam 208/208 .554/.554-114, MP T76, STS Boost Cntrl, AlkyControl, TiAL BOV, LC-1, EFILive, 60# Bosch EV14, DynoTune Boost,FP & AFR, Walbro 255LPH,Transgo HD2, McGaughy's 3/5 Drop, Air Ride AOL, Flo-Pro, G-Tech Pro Times 0-60 4.395 Sec; 60' 1.823 Sec; 1/4 12.776 Sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Mort View Post
    I have a set of Bosch EV14 flowing 624cc at 58 psi fuel rail pressure that I replaced a set of Multec II 44 lb/hr shorties with. It has taken a while to tune but they seem to be working very well and appear to be very consistent from bank to bank. They are out of a 2005 vette LS2 so I borrowed some tables from a vette file and set my IFR to a flat 7.56250 g/s. They work every bit as well as the Multec II and feel even better from a seat of the pants point of view. I am sure they are not perfectly tuned yet and I will have to keep climbing the learning curve, but I am very happy with the injectors and Jon's service.

One question I have is the injector timing in my tune is in ms and it is in degrees in the vette file. It is also the inverse of my tune. Is there a way to translate this between the tunes and is it worth doing?

I used the small pulse adjustment from the vette tune. The scale is different so I had to fudge it as best I could figure it out. Also it seems that the settings changed a little bit on their own after I saved the file. Magic I guess...LOL, not sure why that happened.

I also used the voltage correction from the 80 kPa row from the vette file and ran it from the top to bottom of my table. I am sure this is a guess on my part but felt it would be better than the stock values in my tune. My truck has a FPR on the fuel rail and a return fuel system and the 05 should have a returnless fuel system with a constant fuel pressure regulator in the tank. I am sure the settings I put in this table also changed just a little after I saved the file as well. I guess they have to meet some parameters set in the tune.

The same with the minimum injector pulse width, changed a little after saving.

These injectors ran very lean on start up and I had to do some AutoVe to get everything working nicely. I run COS3 and OLSD. Also the boost VE was way too rich and caused several P1514 codes. Seems to be fine now after I lowered the BoostVE. IDC is 79~80% vs 114% with the Multec IIs . Now to try turning up the wick a little. May have to have these re-sized again.

Still very much a work in progress.
    hey Mort I forot to ask .. What year tune did you use? The 05 1 yr computer is a bear.. Ask Chuck COW..

Hey Jon ... I used a tune from a 05 Vette LS2.
    2003 Silverado 1500HD LT 4WD 6.0V CCSB,
    '05 LQ4, Cam 208/208 .554/.554-114, MP T76, STS Boost Cntrl, AlkyControl, TiAL BOV, LC-1, EFILive, 60# Bosch EV14, DynoTune Boost,FP & AFR, Walbro 255LPH,Transgo HD2, McGaughy's 3/5 Drop, Air Ride AOL, Flo-Pro, G-Tech Pro Times 0-60 4.395 Sec; 60' 1.823 Sec; 1/4 12.776 Sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Mort View Post
    Hey Jon ... I used a tune from a 05 Vette LS2.
    the more I think about it the more I think you should use a 06, maybe Howard or Chuck can chime in here, I think that is why its reversed. Can you grab a stock 06 file and see how it acts on your computer. That 05 is a 1 yr only PIA.. But, I think you got the tune pretty close, save it and try the 06.

Not sure what you guys are mixing and matching but the correct injector data can be stretched into any of the IFR and offset tables to suit your needs. You just need to start at the correct reference point and extrapolate the data from that point.

You are using stock LS2 injectors in what?

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Very good thread guys-

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789