Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to flash Custom OS into PCM

Default Unable to flash Custom OS into PCM

I am attempting the first step from the tutorial to install a Custom OS into my 2002 corvette. I have a Commercial V1 lisence. When I load the Custom OS from the File menu the Flash options are put inactive.
    "Any help" as always is appreciated. I am new to this and looking forward to hearing from anyone.
    Last edited by Robbie The Wrench; February 21st, 2009 at 08:34 AM.

Robbie, which software version do you have...?

joecar, I have just updated to 7.5, I also tried my older version
    with the same result.As soon as I save the Tune file from Custom OS the Flash options turn off.

Robbie, I pm'd Tech Support.

Thank you joecar. I will be interested in what they have to say.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie The Wrench View Post
    I am attempting the first step from the tutorial to install a Custom OS into my 2002 corvette. I have a Commercial V1 lisence. When I load the Custom OS from the File menu the Flash options are put inactive.
    "Any help" as always is appreciated. I am new to this and looking forward to hearing from anyone.
    The Full Flash Icon (which you need for flashing in a custom OS) is disabled under the following conditions:

1. The software is not licensed at a Commercial Scan and Tune level or higher.
    2. A Commercial scan and Tune cable was not detected prior to the EFILive Tuning Tool software starting up.

You can check the license level that EFILive "thinks" it is at on the help->About screen.

Is it possible you have a Personal level license in the Help->Register EFILive window?

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Blacky, I checked my license in help>about, and it says V7.5.4 (Build 66) Commercial scann & Tune.
    Restricted to Personal Scann & Tune (no cable). I may try tomorrow when I go back to work where my cable is now to transfer the Custom OS from the tune file while the cable is plugged into my laptop but not into the car.
    I will let you know my findings and thanks so much. If there is more issues I will try EFI Help direct I guess.

If you send me your FlashScn serial number I can send you updated license details that you can enter into the Help->Register EFILive window. That means you won't need to have your cable plugged in before starting the software. (Obviously you'll need it plugged in before you can reflash anything).

Regards
    Paul

Restricted to Personal Scan & Tune
    What does this mean?
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Restricted to Personal Scan & Tune
    That means the software is not registered, or is registered with a FlashScan V1 Personal license only.

If the customer's FlashScan device is a V1 Commercial or V1 Workshop or any V2 Scan and Tune and it is plugged into the PC before the software is started, then the registration information* is ignored and the cable's license forces the software to be registered (at the Commercial** level) until the software is shutdown.

That temporary registration features allows a customer to use their FlashScan device on another PC/laptop without having to go through the tedious process of entering their serial number and registration key on that other computer.

* The registation information is stored in \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\License.txt. Up to 5 registrations can be stored in that file. If the same serial number appears multiple times in the file, only the first occurence is used.

** Commercial level license is required for some features, such as full flashing and PCM locking.

Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast