Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Doing Fuel Segment Swap for my 98 to 00 PCM Conversion

Default Help Doing Fuel Segment Swap for my 98 to 00 PCM Conversion

I need to know how to do a segment swap so I can get my fuel gauge working. I have been working with a 2002 operating system tune as I plan to run the latest operating system with this PCM. With this tune open, I then opened an alternate tune (the van that matched my OS), then did the "Edit", "Copy Entire Segment", "Fuel System". I then saved the file.

This is where I'm confused... do I now copy the "Parameters", the "Fuel gauge calibration", the "Convert Primary Sender to Volume", and the "Convert Secondary Sender to Volume" tables FROM MY ORIGINAL 1998 TUNE, or from the Updated OS (2002) Tune that I've been working with? Or what, from the options above, do I need to copy back over? Am I copying too many things? And do they need to be copied back from the '98 tune, or the newer, 2002, tune? Yeah, I'm lost.

ALSO NOTE that I've already done a complete reflash succesfully and the new operating system is now working with my new PCM.

HELP PLEASE! Thanks.

Brad

Here is a copy of my tune. I did this a year ago and I can't remember exactly what I changed but my fuel gauge works perfect. I think one of the tables had to be inverted otherwise it makes the stock 98 gauge work backwards. You should be able to find the info you are looking for in it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by poolshark021 View Post
    Here is a copy of my tune. I did this a year ago and I can't remember exactly what I changed but my fuel gauge works perfect. I think one of the tables had to be inverted otherwise it makes the stock 98 gauge work backwards. You should be able to find the info you are looking for in it.
    Haven't flashed it in yet, but your calibration was definitely different. Looks like the "Fuel Gauge Calibration" table is inverted versus the stock 2002 tune that I had before. Good stuff... gives me hope that it's going to work.

Final question... when I reflash it again with this new calibration... will I need to do a full reflash, or just a cal-only flash? Thanks a bunch for your help, poolshark. I really appreciate it.

Brad

As long as the Operating system portion of the calibration is the same, you only need to do a cal only reflash. EFI_Live will do this check for you by default.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Quote Originally Posted by ChipsByAl View Post
    As long as the Operating system portion of the calibration is the same, you only need to do a cal only reflash. EFI_Live will do this check for you by default.
    Al
    Great. Thanks, Al!

Brad

Default Did I get this right?

Did I get this right? What segments are you copying? They must be from the same O/S....not 98-00 pcms....

They won't work like that..... but, if you successfully swap a segment, there is no need to copy individual tables.

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

So, when you copy an entire segment (from a file with the same OS) you can just do a cal only flash...
    have I got that right (I'm trying to remember what i forgot the other day/month/year)...?

Reflashed with the change that poolshark mentioned and fuel gauge now functions perfectly. Thanks again to everyone for their help.

Thumbs up 1998 to 2002 ls1 pcm swap / conversion complete!!

Oh yes!!! 99+ pcm swap completed!!!
    Thanks to ChipsByAl, this post, and poolshark021.

Steps:

1. Repin: http://gmtuning.info/wiki/index.php/98PCM
    2. Fuel gauge swap: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=9195
    3. Fuel gauge swap (confirm): this post (poolshark)

Attaching .tun file (EFI) stock calibrations.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=9195
    Is this page "Officially Sanctioned By EFILive?"
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast