Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Installed 2009 E67 into '08 TBSS(no start)

Lifetime Member

Default Installed 2009 E67 into '08 TBSS(no start)

Ok, so a little backround is in order here.

I have a 2008 Trailblazer SS. It uses the E67 and T42(4L70E trans). I will be installing a Magnacharger TVS1900 along with some other go fast goodies. Also, I'd really like to get a 6spd auto working in it.

I bought a 2009 ECM from a Cadillac CTS-V to see if I could get it to work in my TBSS. I figured it'd be a good ECM to use with factory blower support, a 6spd auto behind it, and PWM Electric fans(would like to install in my TBSS).

I went through the '09 tune and changed all the visible tables over to match my '08 stock tune. I also changed the VIN in the '09 to match the '08. I would like to change the BCC ID but, that is not a valid option for the E67 right now evidently.

When installed in the truck absolutely nothing happens. There are two codes that were thrown. I'm guessing I might need the accelerator pedal setup outta a CTSV for the first one? The second one might be because the CTSV comes with a 2 bar or higher MAP sensor. I did change the MAP settings in the '09 ECM but, maybe there are some things I can see with EFILive.

P2138 Accelerator Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

P0108 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit High

When you turn the key nothing happens. The engine doesn't try to crank at all. I along with a couple other people think it might be do to the P2138 code. What else could cause a no crank situation? I have the VATS disable patch applied with a full reflash. EFILive recognizes the ECM and TCM modules on the network.

Just putting this out there to see if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks

PS - I wanted to try the ECM swap to see what kinda issues might come up. It's a lot cheaper than swapping in a 6spd auto and it not working!! lol

Should have posted here before buying the ECM.
    The 2009 ECM will not work with the 2008 programs.
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=9805

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I read what XLR8NSS did differently, correct me if I am wrong Ross or XLR8NSS. It looks like he is using the CTS-V ECM and its software, not the 2008 software. He changed the 09 tables to reflect his 08 TBSS. I hope his thinking isn't flawed because I like the ideas. Possibly there is some other communication issue with another module keeping it a no start. You can also try to relearn the VATS timer. Check G1214 and G1215 for more info.
    Al
    Last edited by ChipsByAl; February 22nd, 2009 at 05:33 PM.
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Quote Originally Posted by ChipsByAl View Post
    I read what XLR8NSS did differently, correct me if I am wrong Ross or XLR8NSS. It looks like he is using the CTS-V ECM and its software, not the 2008 software. He changed the 09 tables to reflect his 08 TBSS...
    That is correct. He kept the 2009 OS on the 09 ECM, but changed the table values to match the settings from his 08 ECM. This first 'test' was to find out if he could make the 09 ECM / OS run his existing T42 transmission.

Are there any known differences in the E67 ECM pin connectors between vehicle lines or year models? Physically they are the same, but if the wires control different functions, then that would obviously be an issue.
    Richard -
    2008 Trailblazer SS - TVS1900

If that is what he meant then it still probably won't work. There is lots of platform specific settings in the calibrations, even different year models on the same platform can cause issues, such is the wonders of everything talking on the CAN bus.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Yeah, that is what I meant above.

I'd like to put a T43 controlled 6 spd auto in but, don't want to run into similiar issues where the T43 doesn't play with the existing electronics. I figured this would be a "test" to see if a different OS ECM would work with the existing T42 but, since it doesn't even start the test failed. lol

Ross - I know you've mentioned on here in the past that the T43 should work with the E67. I just don't want to go through swapping in an entire different transmission to find out there are issues. One person has done a similiar swap on a E38 pickup but, they had to install an existing E38/T43 controller/OS combo to get things working. There are no E67/T43 combos out there except for the new CTSV so I figured I'd try that.

Any other ideas fellas? Anyone know any GM calibrators?

There is a number of vehicles running a E67 / T43 combo, so it is certainly possible, but as you see, the issue is there is no Trailblazer / 6spd combo to base everything off.
    When you speak to a GM calibrator ask them what is specific to a trans type in the ECM (just joking), it's probably not the fact that it is a T42 or T43, it will be some other platform specific issue.
    I can see your problem is that you can't just 'test' a T43 in the vehicle without doing some major modifications.

Cheers,
    Ross

Lifetime Member

Ross - I think you could make it work, drop what you're doing with EFILive and help me out!!

Man, I really love the 6L90E in my 2500HD, it is so damn smooth with over 600 flywheel hp @ 6100lbs. The 4L70E in the TBSS feels like it's gonna explode at WOT! lol

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChipsByAl View Post
    You can also try to relearn the VATS timer. Check G1214 and G1215 for more info.
    Al
    I applied the VATs disable patch, would those values make any difference if VATs was disabled? I also set it to type 2 and G1204-1206 are turned off.

Currently G1214 is 3 and G1215 is 600.

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8NSS View Post
    Yeah, that is what I meant above.

I'd like to put a T43 controlled 6 spd auto in but, don't want to run into similiar issues where the T43 doesn't play with the existing electronics. I figured this would be a "test" to see if a different OS ECM would work with the existing T42 but, since it doesn't even start the test failed. lol

Ross - I know you've mentioned on here in the past that the T43 should work with the E67. I just don't want to go through swapping in an entire different transmission to find out there are issues. One person has done a similiar swap on a E38 pickup but, they had to install an existing E38/T43 controller/OS combo to get things working. There are no E67/T43 combos out there except for the new CTSV so I figured I'd try that.

Any other ideas fellas? Anyone know any GM calibrators?
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast