Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Installed 2009 E67 into '08 TBSS(no start)

Lifetime Member

Well now that Ive got my 08 TBSS Im happy to test anything anyone needs me to. Still have to pay for my SS before I can do anything besides working on a tune and a CAI (plus mats, running boards, ect).

I think the first thing we need to figure out here is if we can get the CTS-V OS/ECM working on a TBSS. Doubt any wiring has changed between 07-09 TBSSs too. If we can get it running on the Caddy ECM and OS, hopefully bolting up a 6L90E is the easy part.

Thinking out loud again, what other E67/T43 combos are out there? I like the CTS-V but if there's another one that would be a better match (maybe something with an 07-08 OS so we can simply full flash it)?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

As soon as you EFI tuners can confirm the T43 aspect can be integrated into our e67 without the boost, I'm pulling the trigger. But I need to know I have timely support when stuff isn't working so I'm not at the mercy of a local tuner who doesn't have a clue.

I already see the price of a CTS pedal is about 100...assuming the '08 is the same as the '09 and its all the same from v6 to v8.
    Last edited by TBMSport; May 6th, 2009 at 05:37 PM.
    Trailblazer "RS" 5.3L 6L80 4x4 & '07 TBSS LS2 6L90 AWD

Exclamation

oh wait...don't the Cadillac DTS and STS's run E67?

http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=100&Itemid=82

Gen IV V8, V6, L4 E67 ECM - Stream S-E67
    06-09 Cadillac DTS 4.6L
    06-09 Cadillac STS 4.4L, 4.6L
    06-09 Cadillac XLR 4.4L, 4.6L
    07-09 Cadillac SRX 4.6L
    08-09 Chevrolet Malibu 3.5L, 3.6L
    06-08 Chevrolet Monte Carlo 3.5L, 3.9L
    06-09 Pontiac G6 3.5L, 3.6L, 3.9L
    07-09 Saturn Aura 3.6L
    08 Buick Enclave 3.5L, 3.9L

Transmission T43 TCM - Stream S-T43
    08-09 Cadillac CTS 6 Speed Auto
    07-09 Cadillac STS 6 Speed Auto
    07-09 Cadillac XLR 6 Speed Auto
    8-09 Chevrolet Malibu 6 Speed Auto
    07-09 Pontiac G6 6 Speed Auto
    07-09 Saturn Aura 6 Speed Auto
    08-09 Buick Enclave 6 Speed Auto
    07-09 Cadillac SRX 6 Speed Auto
    07-09 GMC Arcadia 6 Speed Auto
    Last edited by TBMSport; May 6th, 2009 at 05:50 PM.

Exclamation

Ok...I got the ECM E67 TCM T43...let's DO THIS GUYS! lol

Let's make a deal...someone get this ECM issue handled so I can move to the next stage and you got a harness and kit on me in it for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8NSS View Post
    Also, I might have a 6spd auto close by that I could use for testing purposes.
    What are your plans for a wiring harness? I'm hoping you can run your stock ECM program with the TCM. I installed a ECM program from a Manual Tranny and mine still shifted as directed. The 4.03 and your all wheel drive will make your TBSS a rocket ship..

I've got a harness that John from SpearTech made for me that plugs into the tranny and has pig tails to go right to the pcm. I'm not going to use it if you'd like to give that a whirl.

Default Could it be...

that GM has a generic TCM tune in the E67 that will automatically sense and direct trans operations based upon feedback from what TCM it's plugged into. Maybe it assumes it's a manual tranny if no tranny is sensed. *getting excited*

The guy at Speartech did tell me that one thing he is confident of, is that we TBSS's will lose our cruise control feature because it's controlled by the BCM. For this reason as well as the fact that I want to add the manumatic shifter, I know a new harness will be necessary for my application

Quote Originally Posted by TBMSport View Post
    that GM has a generic TCM tune in the E67 that will automatically sense and direct trans operations based upon feedback from what TCM it's plugged into. Maybe it assumes it's a manual tranny if no tranny is sensed. *getting excited*

The guy at Speartech did tell me that one thing he is confident of, is that we TBSS's will lose our cruise control feature because it's controlled by the BCM. For this reason as well as the fact that I want to add the manumatic shifter, I know a new harness will be necessary for my application
    You say a new harness. Why? Fuel injectors take the same amount of wires, as does most items. I could go on and on down the list.

Why not just add the wires to your harness to make it the same as an 09 CTS-V harness? That seems simpler or is that what you will end up doing anyway and that is just a simpler way of saying it over the computer forum posts?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth97 View Post
    You say a new harness. Why? Fuel injectors take the same amount of wires, as does most items. I could go on and on down the list.

Why not just add the wires to your harness to make it the same as an 09 CTS-V harness? That seems simpler or is that what you will end up doing anyway and that is just a simpler way of saying it over the computer forum posts?
    The simple answer...I DON'T KNOW!!! Therefore I always 'assume' a worst case scenario, so I will not be surprised later.

As a layman with regards to this OS and tuning stuff, it seems to me that the easiest scenario is that I could jam a T43/6L in the truck and slap a CTS-V -43 harness in there and call it a day. It seems to me that these specific potential mix or match ecm/tcm conflicts can be relatively easily confirmed by someone more familiar with the inner workings of the E67.

BUT, no one has confirmed if the new boogey man '09 OS system means different PIN outputs, hence useless harness. I doubt it, but I'd like to be sure before wasting time/money on that harness. Is a T43 program feature already built into our E67? If not, can it be programmed in, unlocked, or does it just need the harness to connect to the proper PIN? If that's not possible, will it require a STS or Enclave E67 (as they have the the T43) and can the engine parameters be reflashed for LS2 rather than Northstar and V6? Second, though less or a priority, I'm concerned about the cruise control aspect that Speartech brought up. Thirdly, as I said, I want that manumatic shifter!

If it's a matter of time and money, let me know. It is my goal to A) knock this out on my truck. B) Do a tech article for a magazine. C) If extra parts are needed beyond a reflash and stuff readily available from GM, make a kit to sell other TBSS owners.

Plain and simple...I HATE THIS 4L65!!!!

Lifetime Member

You mean 4L70E man.

And the E67 as an ECM really has no say in what TCM is hooked up to it, pretty sure it could care less if its a T42 or T43. But Im not familiar with the code so I cant tell you if there are certain enable/disable flags built into specific OSs that dictate manual vs auto and 4 or 6 spd autos.

I think someone needs to check the pinouts on the 09 CTS-V connectors and change a TBSS harness to match it. Once this is done and we know what happens (if anything), we can check that box off and try other things. I cant afford a test ECM, Im saving my pennies for an E67/T42 combo so I can start tuning and not be extremely worried about losing my warranty.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    You mean 4L70E man.

And the E67 as an ECM really has no say in what TCM is hooked up to it, pretty sure it could care less if its a T42 or T43. But Im not familiar with the code so I cant tell you if there are certain enable/disable flags built into specific OSs that dictate manual vs auto and 4 or 6 spd autos.

I think someone needs to check the pinouts on the 09 CTS-V connectors and change a TBSS harness to match it. Once this is done and we know what happens (if anything), we can check that box off and try other things. I cant afford a test ECM, Im saving my pennies for an E67/T42 combo so I can start tuning and not be extremely worried about losing my warranty.
    Who here can do that? Or does anyone at least have a wiring schematic of the CTS-V?
    Last edited by TBMSport; May 8th, 2009 at 07:16 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast