Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1996 H1 Hummer Turbo-Diesel 6.5 non-intercooled

Quote Originally Posted by mxracer View Post
    Try over at dieselplace forum. They have a section on 6.5 that seems to be pretty popular.
    actually the best technical experts on the 6.5 have moved to http://dieseltowingresource.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pepperidge View Post
    I thought 6.5 software was in the development stages with EFI live...did something change?
    Sorry to say but we aren't working on the 6.5L.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

What happened with that?

I remember an announcement type of thread at one of the forums that you guys were looking into it and were feeling the 6.5 guys out for their interest in such a product...I guarantee if you ask again at the above mentioned site(DTR) in the 6.5 technical area you would get a huge response...All the technical guys are there...TurbineDoc Jiffaire SlimShady(ATeam turbo creator) GMCTD...

Quote Originally Posted by pepperidge View Post
    What happened with that?

I remember an announcement type of thread at one of the forums that you guys were looking into it
    Ok, 'looking into it' is very different to starting a development program for them. We have some 6.5L PCM's so we know what is involved. But honestly, we asked around our resellers and workshop users to get a feel for demand, majority said not to bother, there is bigger fish in the ocean.
    Adding support for a new controller is not a trivial task, especially on an old style PCM like the 6.5L has, the decision was not 'anti 6.5L' or anything like that, we know how much R&D is going to be involved, advice given to us was not too positive to

At the time though we did add in quite a number of PID's to the scantool that were 6.5L specific.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    At the time though we did add in quite a number of PID's to the scantool that were 6.5L specific.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Any chance you can tell me how to access those pids? Also what cable is needed?
    98 silverado 4wd excb 5.7l, zz4 cam,roller rockers, shorty headers, 0411 swap, Flash Scan V1 commercial

V1 or V2 cable, just connect the scantool and validate PID's and it will list what you can log.

Thanks
    98 silverado 4wd excb 5.7l, zz4 cam,roller rockers, shorty headers, 0411 swap, Flash Scan V1 commercial

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12