Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A6 with 3.7 diff gears problem

Okay updated tonight. have noticed a couple of new fields etc. not as much as i had hoped for but ohh well.

one thing i did notice was 2 new options under torque converter. D2251 & D2252 - no caption yet.

i presume that means it's a table that you dont know what it does yet? :lol:

They are pressure tables relating to torque converter lockup, once I added them there was a few calibrations where it looked wrong so I was supposed to remove them before releasing those calibrations so I could figure out what was going on......guess who forgot!
    The plan wasn't to make you guys guess what they were.

EDIT: I just noticed some OS's had a lot of the new additions left out, looks like the 2006/07 T43 calz files will be updated again in the next day or so, sorry about that.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Last edited by GMPX; March 3rd, 2009 at 11:46 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

i also noticed alot of the existing tables etc were updated/changed as well. so it looks very promising.

Cheers

Lifetime Member

And the PID coverage now appears outstanding! Just need to get some time to get them sorted and running on the V2.

Will any of the DVT controls end up on the V2 eventually? Also maybe Fast Learn on the A6?

Cheers and thanks guys!

looks like the speed is working properly now. just changed the ratio to 3.73 and noticed on the way to work shifts were holding on too long. i.e i wouldnt hit 6th gear till 118kph.

realised something was wrong so i jumped into the tune and realised that the tables were still set at the higher values for the 2.92 ratio.

Just found then that i had also put in a 2 second shift change for 2-3rd. haha. should have been .200

that'll teach me for playing with the tune after midnight.

ok. looks like there is still a problem with some calculations in the scan tool. if i log via the t43 controller the speedo is out 25%. log via the e38 and its correct.

also what tps pid am i supposed to use when logging under the trans. i have tried all the obvius 1s and get invalid pid for all of them. yet sometimes i will get data showing up during logging.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    ok. looks like there is still a problem with some calculations in the scan tool. if i log via the t43 controller the speedo is out 25%. log via the e38 and its correct.
    Is H0103 set to the correct diff ratio in both the engine and trans calibrations? In the files you sent earlier, the engine tune is set to 3.73 and the trans is set to 2.90 - a difference of about 28%.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    also what tps pid am i supposed to use when logging under the trans. i have tried all the obvius 1s and get invalid pid for all of them. yet sometimes i will get data showing up during logging.
    Have you tried SAE.TP? (I know its obvious, but I would expect that one to be supported).

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

yeah, trans and engine are same values now. that fixed the problem with shifts having to be adjusted to the magical 20+% figure.

shifts happen when they should etc, but i still have the logging problem. Which now makes me think it was 2 seperate problems. 1 was the tune was set for wrong diff ratio and 2 the scantool is calculating wrong.

Problem with sae.tp is that it max's out at 88.2% tps so i never tried it.

Email me the files Trecool and i will compare them to ones i have done that have the 3.70 gears. They are recording things correctly.
    Oztrack
    EFILive Tuning Consultant

Worldwide Remote Tuning Service

2006 NSW Super Street Drag Racing Champion

www.oztrack.com.au

No need mate. I cant see how having the same values for both the ecm/tcm can result in different readings. So it's gotta be a calculation issue with a pid.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast