Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: converter locking in 2nd & 3rd @ WOT

joecar...did you read what Ed just posted?
    This is still not explained...

this started happening after the new, higher stall converter was installed...

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    This is still not explained...
    well...I started thinking about that...
    other than WOT tuning sessions on the street...the first three track days after installing the 4L80e resulted in either water pump pulley being snatched off (twice), the P1SC taking a dump, or repeatedly hitting the rev limiter on both the 1-2 and 2-3...so...having said that...we probably wouldn't have known whether it was locking or not...I know for a fact that we weren't logging it...
    the TCC in the first converter that I was running w/ the 4L80e went South shortly after that and I ordered the new converter...
    We only started logging TCC MODE after the TCC went out on the first one...this info learned today may very well be the reason why though...
    as far as I know...the 4L60e NEVER had this issue...
    just spoke w/ cablebandit and he said that he can change those same tables said to be PT only and is able to lock and unlock his...and he is SD...
    I'm totally confused now...

forged LS1 I Patriot Stage III heads I Patrick G spec'd TR grind Comp Cam I ProCharger I High Tech Transmissions I Ultimate Converter Concepts I tuned by cablebandit (soon to be me) @ MSS I Exotic Exhaust & Fabrication custom exhaust

I wonder if it has anything to do with what the trans segment is copied from to swap in after the 4L80e install?

forged LS1 I Patriot Stage III heads I Patrick G spec'd TR grind Comp Cam I ProCharger I High Tech Transmissions I Ultimate Converter Concepts I tuned by cablebandit (soon to be me) @ MSS I Exotic Exhaust & Fabrication custom exhaust

more on this subject...
    backs up Ed's comments

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22730
    Last edited by Superado; August 25th, 2009 at 01:13 AM.

You mean that there are TCC WOT tables for 1999-2000 and that for 2001-2002 you use the 100% row of the PT tables...?

we fixed it the wrong way....just clipped the tcc wires in the harness....added male/female connectors. Its easy enuff to undo the wires when Al is putting on his skinnies at the track. Maybe one day we will revisit this and get it working properly

well we did get it working properly thanks to Ed Wright. He sent us a base tune that disabled tcc lockup at WOT...we had to copy info from EVERY table over 1 by 1 ....took about 1-1.5 hours. fter doing this, it doesnt lockup at wot anymore. He was able to access some tables that efilive does not for tcc.

Quote Originally Posted by Superado View Post
    more on this subject...
    backs up Ed's comments

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22730
    Check that thread for an update

Lifetime Member

Glad to hear HPT got that table, dont know if EFILive does or not. But I did pick up on something, to get a segment swap done you need to request it from tech support AND pay for more credits? Didnt know that...
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Wow, after having LS1 support for about 5 years it's amazing this is the first time it's been a problem with what we offer in the tuning tables. I'd say because most people don't bother using those old 99,2000 OS's (which appear to contain the mystery table).
    Paying for a segment swap!, wow, we need to activate a payment option to enable that function in EFILive, what a joke.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast