Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta testing for SF .

Default Beta testing for SF .

SO where is the Beta section for Standalone Flashing ?
    Is it there yet , is there yet ?
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

I don't think Paul's quite ready for BBF just yet.

He said maybe at the end of the month.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Good news for AutoCal people but I cant spend $150 for an AutoCal unit right now, guess Ill be waiting for FlashScan BBF... :(
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Good news for AutoCal people but I cant spend $150 for an AutoCal unit right now, guess Ill be waiting for FlashScan BBF... :(
    The FlashScan standalone reading/flashing will be running in parallel with the AutoCal firmware/software beta release, so you can still participate with your FlashScan V2. The only downside is that if there is a problem with the beta software or firmware you might have a non-usable V2 until we can fix the problem.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    I am with you there Erik , $150 to Beta test , no thanks .
    You do realize that that is how it reads or can be interpreted .
    Don't take the comment the wrong way , it was intended to solicit a negative reaction .
    Last edited by Chevy366; March 1st, 2009 at 06:23 PM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM View Post
    I am with you there Erik , $150 to Beta test , no thanks .
    You do realize that that is how it reads or can be interpreted .
    Sure, I realize that's how it reads, that's is exactly what I mean. You can still participate and test or just try out the software and firmware free using your FlashScan V2.

Just interested in your point of view, did you expect that EFILive would be giving away AutoCal units for testing? I had considered doing that, but with our past experience of beta testing, it is a sure way to sort out the folks who are: "I just wanna play with new toys free of charge" v's the folks who are: "I am serious about testing and am prepared to pay to show how serious I am".

By the way AutoCal's will not retail for $150 when they are released publicly. The $150 price tag is a considerable discount.

Also I should point out that the AutoCal units used for beta testing differ slightly from the final product in the following ways:
    1. The beta units do not have circuit protection on the power, and/or USB lines, the production units do.
    2. The beta units do not have a serial I/O built in*, the prodcutions units do have serial I/O built in. The serial I/O allows a serial data stream (like wide band O2) to be logged.

* Not being built in means the beta units will still support serial I/O but require an external interface circuit.

Those differences influenced our decision to sell the beta units at a considerable discount instead of retail.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

No I know you cannot afford to give away AutoCal units free Paul, just the way your post is worded makes it sound like beta testing for flashing is ONLY for AutoCal units and NOT FlashScan ones. I would buy an AutoCal unit and use it for testing/feedback/etc but I just cannot afford $150 right now. Being in college without a job means a very limited budget so some things I simply cannot purchase.

Ill be testing with my V2 when I can, helping read and tune the P10 PCMs all day long!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

The FlashScan standalone reading/flashing will be running in parallel with the AutoCal firmware/software beta release, so you can still participate with your FlashScan V2. The only downside is that if there is a problem with the beta software or firmware you might have a non-usable V2 until we can fix the problem.
    Paul is pointing out that you can still beta test BBF using your V2.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast