Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Beta testing for SF .

Sounds good to release V8 to me Paul. I have done away with my last Vista system now and only have XP (Tuning Netbook) and W7 (Primary Laptops) remaining.

How close is SAF , standalone flashing ?
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I'm not going to make the Fri deadline for BBF. I've had to spend too long copying and re-setting up EFILive's development machines on Win7. We just did a massive changeover from Vista to Win7.

So far I am impressed with Win7, it performs, it is stable and it is not intrusive so far (fingers crossed). I can't put an exact price on it, but Vista has cost us (and I presume many others) a lot of time, money and effort. I'm glad to see the end of it.

I'm almost tempted to release the version 8 software for Win2K, WinXP and Win7 only. I think Vista should be resigned to the same rubbish bin as Windows ME.

I'm out of the office for the weekend but I am planning on finishing the BBF release next week.

Regards
    Paul
    Yep, Im still running W7 Ult x64 b7100 (aka RC) for now, Ill probably buy a copy of it around Christmas when I have time to upgrade and possibly reinstall everything. Not sure if I want to do a clean install, the RC is an upgrade from the beta even though microsoft says you cant do that. Might want to start fresh and kill anything that might be lingering around.

Great to hear about BBF, Im so stoked about it!

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    Thanks Paul for the update. We know BBF will be quality whenever it makes it out.

Do you think DVT will ever make it into the handheld?

Looks like experiences with Vista are really mixed. Most stable OS I have ever seen on a laptop in 12 years + of laptops. Have had up to around 1,000 hours of uptime with hundreds of hibernates/suspends in that time and it still ran. XP usually swallowed its tongue every hundred hours or so.

Though if you are impressed with W7, thats really good reference. And good encouragement to change.
    DVT in the V2? That would be over the top amazing!

I complain a lot about Vista, but I have had it on 2 laptops. First was Vista Ultimate x64 and the second (current) is Vista Home Premium x64 SP1. I never had an issue with my first laptop running Ultimate ever, had a few bugs with my second laptop but nothing too drastic. I like W7 more because I find it is a little more stable, like the new taskbar, and I can open/close things much faster using the keyboard to name a few.

It was a decent OS, XP IMO is the new Win 98SE and it seems Microsoft blows the next OS pretty badly then recoups in the 2nd one. (Think about it, Win 97 [yes there was a win 97] was a flop, 98 was ok, 98SE was great. Win ME was garbage, then came XP. Vista was ok, W7 is great [so far, knock on wood]).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Were are we posting errors? I have had a $194 error 2x trying to read my E38 ECU.
    Which if Im correct is a file system error. Strange thing is that it logs fine and was just recently reformatted...
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ringram View Post
    Were are we posting errors? I have had a $194 error 2x trying to read my E38 ECU.
    Which if Im correct is a file system error. Strange thing is that it logs fine and was just recently reformatted...
    Are you using the latest firmware? V2.06.16
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Yep just checked.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314