Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta testing for SF .

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Paul is pointing out that you can still beta test BBF using your V2.
    Thanks for the explanation Paul .
    I saw that, but it also states, kind of at your own risk, and not on a production unit, because it may break something, and you might have to wait for a fix .
    Believe me I am ecstatic about the possibilities of SF , will make life so much easier .
    Just remember American's are in bad shape right now , we don't have all the spendable cash we use to have .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

So anyone with a V2 can try the beta software without having to fill out an application?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Paul is pointing out that you can still beta test BBF using your V2.
    I know joe, I was merely pointing out that in the beta testing forum the way the post is worded it seems like testing is ONLY for AutoCal and that FlashScan users are SOL. I know I can participate now, Im just trying to help people after me so they arent confused like I was before Paul clarified it.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poolshark021 View Post
    So anyone with a V2 can try the beta software without having to fill out an application?
    That is an option, the beta software will be posted on the web site.

However, the beta forum won't be public and will only be made available to testers that have submitted an application and have been accepted.

The reason is we can't have hundreds of people all reporting back issues, suggestions, changes etc. The management of those reports becomes too much to handle and the testing process gets bogged down. When we have a small group of testers, each with a particular area of expertise or testing platform available, then it remains manageable.

So even if you are not part of the beta test group, you will be able to try out the software (at your own risk).

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

I am so sure that $150 is way under the cost of these units.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Lifetime Member

I hope they pick me. have access to lots of lmm/lbz/llys
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Lifetime Member

I hope BBF will be provided to V2 owners for free. I purchased my V2 in 2006 under the impression that I would not need a laptop in a couple of months. Since then I have had to purchase a laptop to get my shit to work and it died earlier last year from overheating the graphics card. I am not going to buy another one so my EFILIVE is completely useless....

It's getting ridiculous. I could of purchased a V1 under the pretense that this was going to take so long to come out.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_z28_six_speed View Post
    I hope BBF will be provided to V2 owners for free. I purchased my V2 in 2006 under the impression that I would not need a laptop in a couple of months. Since then I have had to purchase a laptop to get my shit to work and it died earlier last year from overheating the graphics card. I am not going to buy another one so my EFILIVE is completely useless....

It's getting ridiculous. I could of purchased a V1 under the pretense that this was going to take so long to come out.
    All software and firmware updates are free.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM View Post
    I saw that, but it also states, kind of at your own risk, and not on a production unit, because it may break something, and you might have to wait for a fix
    You need to read the definition of "beta test". Being in a beta test is about taking a risk in trade for some reward. In this case mostly getting an early chance to play with something. I've gotten T-Shirts, mugs, a rear-view mirror for my monitor, and a Flashscan for being a beta tester. I've also lost everything on my hard drive more than once and the last hours edits of source code more times than I can remember. Risky is testing an editor, insane is testing disk defraggers and caches. I've done all of that, mostly for a few thousand dollars worth of free software. Sometimes when your contribution is way beyond what's expected you get something really amazing, the FlashScan was like that, more often you just get free software. The best reward for me is when I end up with a product that works better for me because the authors listened to and thought about what I had to say.

But before you become a beta tester for anything, make sure the risk is acceptable. And remember, there's always risk. In this case at the easy end it might be you can't tune for a month and if you're desperate you get to pay overnight shipping both ways for me to put it back to the old firmware, or if it really goes to heck your car might not run for a week or need a new ECM. So that's the risk in beta testing EFILive, and with something like stand alone flashing the risk factor is considerably higher then with a lot of other things.

Now you get to think about the past and what problems you've heard about in previous betas, how they were handled and what you can put up with.

And you'll usually end up signing a non-disclosure so you can't officially talk about it except in the beta section or on the phone with another tester or the author.

So think about what it means before you make the choice.

Ira

what is the general agenda for this beta testing, just trying to get a heads up on what would be involved.
    It's all good until it goes "Bang"

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast